Hello,

I have a blackberry torch 9800. Water fell on its screen and now the light of the screen doesn't work.

The screen works (I can see the display if I try and the background is wight). But there is no back light in the screen!

What might be the problem? How can I fix it? Should I change all the LCD screen??

Please help!!!!
    01-25-12 12:45 PM
    Sounds like you've already powered it on. Hopefully you haven't turned it back on or done battery pulls if it went off. First thing you should do is pull your battery and seal the phone and battery in a bag of dry rice for 48 hrs. Don't try to turn it on before then. For whatever reason, re-powering it on after getting wet seems to be worse than if it stays on.

I had an identical experience with my 9800. It eventually came back to life. Gimme a minute and I'll try to dig up the thread.
    Last edited by Altarocks; 01-25-12 at 03:37 PM.
    01-25-12 03:21 PM
    Here's the thread (just see post 1 & 11 to see what happened and when it came back):

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rsonal-629154/

The odd thing was that after a couple hours of drying in front of a fan, all seemed well. Then a week later my screen got dim (unreadably dim). Then almost a week later yet it recovered. Worked fine for me until I upgraded Jan. 1.

Hope you can learn from me, since I did the wrong thing by immediately trying to restore power. Good luck. And still do the rice trick.
    01-25-12 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD