My blackberry 9800 keeps rebooting. As in the phone shows the red led light at the top up of the phone for about few seconds then it goes away the red light goes away and 12 seconds later the red light comes back on. This process just keeps happening over and over.
    Now keep in mind that the lcd of the phone does not even turn on once the red led goes away or is on. (please any one who says the lcd is bad is mistaken because i took the phone apart and tested the lcd.)
    these are all the things i have tired:
    *tired using the apploader in my RIM folder on my computer and deleted vendor and all that other good stuff. The phone as i am in the process of reconnecting to jvm stops connecting to the the apploader because it keeps rebooting.
    *tired the SFI file which is the one that works with cmd it loads and writes to the phone and even then no luck onces its finished the phone just keeps rebooting as i said above.
    *i tired to connect to bbsak, crakutil, jil_..... but the problem with all those is the phone has to stay connected to the computer in order for it to read and the phone will not stay connected it just keeps rebooting.

PLEASE ANY ONE HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT TO DO?
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiShare on FacebookTwitterStumble this Post!
    08-05-11 01:26 AM
    Well, as you said you have tested the LCD unit, it means you are technically proficient, there's a small CMOS battery on the phone somewhere (depends upon the device model) try taking out that battery and putting it back in again or you may simply keep the device without a battery hooked in for 4 - 5 days so that the phone deep discharges and the CMOS resets itself. I have seen this to work at times.
    08-05-11 03:11 AM
    Ok i am going to try that, but it seems a little weird that the CMOS battery would keep the phone rebooting it self over and over.

Any other suggestions also would be great.
    08-05-11 07:06 PM
    BTW what would happen if i where to take the CMOS battery off?
    08-05-11 07:06 PM
    08-07-11 02:53 AM
    Any other suggestions also would be great.
    Search.

There have been several threads about the torch being stuck in a reboot cycle and the people who created those threads got the information they needed to get there phone running good again.
    08-07-11 09:04 AM
    I have already said i tried those steps i have, i have been trying to NUKE the 9800 for the past week, but i will once again say the problem is the phone will NOT STAY CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER IN ORDER FOR THOSE DIFFERENT SOFTWARES TO READ IT. IS THERE A CERTAIN LOADER I CAN USE TO NUKE IT THAT KEEPS IT IN A MODE.
    08-07-11 12:09 PM
    TechNerd.McLeod

IF THERES A SOLUTION DIFFERENT THEN THE SOLUTIONS I HAVE TIRED UP THERE PLEASE DO SHOW ME WHERE ARE THESE THREADS BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING SINCE MONDAY.
    08-07-11 12:11 PM
    TechNerd.McLeod

IF THERES A SOLUTION DIFFERENT THEN THE SOLUTIONS I HAVE TIRED UP THERE PLEASE DO SHOW ME WHERE ARE THESE THREADS BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING SINCE MONDAY.
    So just to make sure, you have gone through all the steps in the link provided on how to restore a nuked BB? I ask because you said that you have tried all the steps but not what steps.
    08-07-11 12:45 PM
    TechNerd.McLeod

Had the same problem a few weeks ago. Ended up calling my carrier, AT&T, and insisting I be put through to RIM. Took a Level 2 tech there to resolve it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 11:22 PM
    paridge

Ok so please please how did he tell you how to fix the problem?
    08-08-11 01:19 AM
    So just to make sure, you have gone through all the steps in the link provided on how to restore a nuked BB? I ask because you said that you have tried all the steps but not what steps.
    yes i have tired it all step by step, but once again the phone will not stay for more then 10 seconds with out rebooting and the screen in black and i cant see anything only the red led comes on the off that again and again
    08-08-11 01:25 AM
    Hi AllBlackBerry.9700, Friend the logic behind changing/reinserting the CMOS battery is unknown to me but I have tried this with at least 3 - 4 people, after recommendation from a qualified technician who fixes these phones here in my country and it has worked, only one user actually broke the connectors! I am pretty sure you have tried and retried the software fixes and I would agree that this is not a software only issue and can be fixed with a reinstall, as we cannot get to that stage where we can think about a wipe and reinstall.
    08-08-11 02:19 AM
    I did fix my 9800 by using the desktop program and after trying several times finally was able to get into update !!!, it took me a hole day to get the phone back up and running, had to reinstall all apps again ect. , what a pain I would really like to have a contact name , email where I could complain directly to RIM somehow, I have lost confidence in my Blackberry now :-(, if this had happened on a business trip I would have been really bad off.
    04-09-12 08:15 AM
    The reason people have this serious problem, is because site's like these are full of copy n paste tuts that worked for some of them.. notice how they never actually state what worked for them? HI, I fixed my fone, but screw you with how I did it.. Is it because no-one can prevent the FORCED reboot ever 13 seconds? Why is no-one concentrating on this specific fault? Because they are clueless.. Why wont rim state that THEY cause the reboots ever 13 seconds? Buy new leads.. buy new phone.. screw with your power settings, but never state that the problem is written into their upgrade procedure.. reboot fone, do not disconnect or unplug.. we dont.. so they force it.. get it?

Do you really think BB want us with working fones?
    01-20-13 07:43 AM
    The reason people have this serious problem, is because site's like these are full of copy n paste tuts that worked for some of them.. notice how they never actually state what worked for them? HI, I fixed my fone, but screw you with how I did it.. Is it because no-one can prevent the FORCED reboot ever 13 seconds? Why is no-one concentrating on this specific fault? Because they are clueless.. Why wont rim state that THEY cause the reboots ever 13 seconds? Buy new leads.. buy new phone.. screw with your power settings, but never state that the problem is written into their upgrade procedure.. reboot fone, do not disconnect or unplug.. we dont.. so they force it.. get it?

Do you really think BB want us with working fones?
    Damn, who pissed in your cereal?
    01-20-13 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD