I have recently acquired a BlackBerry torch and I am in the process of learning the new device (used a BlackBerry Bold 9000 before). There are a few minor things I want to change, but can�t find the appropriate options and/or applications. Would appreciate some help in this manner:

* I would like to turn off the landscape mode. Is it possible to do this? I think it is called turning off accelerometer, but I am not sure.

* I would like to turn off the menus in the main home screen (the one called, Media, Favorites, Frequent, All) and just have all the icon in one screen (like the old style Bold 9000 setup). Is this possible?

Many thanks!
    12-20-10 09:36 PM
    Easiest way to disable landscape is to open the slider. I don't think you can alter the menus

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 10:07 PM
    If you want an alternative there are apps such as Tilt Lock or ScreenRotate. Both these apps will lock the orientation unless changed. They sell for about $1.99.

As for the menus you will have to download a theme that has this setup.
    12-20-10 10:11 PM
    You can not turn off the accelerometer, the only thing you can do is use a third party app to lock the orientation to portrait. I personally use six tools to accomplish this(even if u don't want it for that, six tools is a quintessential app for anyone running OS6).

SixTools - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

As for the "tabs", only option is to use a theme that does away with them.
    12-21-10 06:41 AM
    Thank you for all the replies. Applications have been purchased and life is a bit easier with Torch

On another note, I used to own the first Storm that was out and I liked the type of menu setup it had. Does anyone know about a theme that convert the screen and icon of the Torch into a Storm look alike? I have been looking with not much luck. Appreciate your help!
    01-09-11 08:18 AM
    Only a theme will do that. I am sure one is out there or you can ask a theme author. I am sure one will do it for a small donation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD