Hi Crackberry!

Today while fiddling with my torch 9800, I found by accident that my BIS is working on WiFi alone and no mobile network is required! i'm on .723 (unofficial) and my device is not under any contract.

All i had to do was to turn off mobile network and turn on Wifi and viola! It doesnt seem to happen in any other sequence.

even if i do turn on the radio, the BIS still works on WiFi. however, it reverts back to mobile network when i turn WiFi Off...

Any way that this glitch (?) can be exploited?
    08-10-12 09:52 AM
    Yes. BIS will use the better connection when available. If you leave your WiFI on and leave the are of coverage, the BIS will connect through the Mobile network.
    08-10-12 10:00 AM
    the point is, the radio is off too. doesn't that effectively mean the SIM card is taken out?

it's sending email, bbm and all. this is what is astonishing me....
    08-10-12 10:04 AM
    As long as u'r subscribed to bis, doesnt matter if u are on cell network or wifi only, bis still works. Has always been like tht. Atleast for me. This wont work if u r not subscribed to bis.
    08-10-12 10:15 AM
    The only thing that pics show is the mobile network radio turned off. The mobile radio and the wifi radio are seperate.
    08-10-12 10:19 AM
    It's not a glitch. What do you mean by exploited?
    08-10-12 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD