This might have been covered already--
    Since I picked up the torch the day after it released, I have noticed that unlike with my previous blackberries, emails (gmail) do not automatically come in when I turn the phone on. SMS and VM are pushed immediately but not email... Maybe this is an OS 6 thing? Thoughts anyone? Thx!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 09:46 PM
    Having used a 9800 and 9780 I have not experienced this. I don't use gmail but rather a yahoo email. It may be a problem with the gmail and sync options.

12-18-10 10:10 PM
    Having used a 9800 and 9780 I have not experienced this. I don't use gmail but rather a yahoo email. It may be a problem with the gmail and sync options.

I do have everything synced, might be gmail...

12-18-10 10:13 PM
    I have several addresses connected to my torch that use the OS email client. They all push just fine, only notice a wee lag with one of them, but i'm sure it is their network as I get the same lag at home.

for gmail I use the mobile gmail download, and sometimes it does not push the emails or notifications through. Fortunately that is not a main account for me, and it's mostly personal stuff that is ok if it gets checked only once or twice a day (when I remember to).
    12-18-10 10:23 PM
    I seen a lot of posts recently concerning gmail sync issues, mostly issues involving duplicate contacts. You may try deleting the email account temporally then reinstall and see if that resolves your issue.

12-18-10 10:25 PM
    Dawg- thx for the reply. I tried deleting and re installing, unsuccessfully. No issues with contact sync.

12-18-10 10:39 PM
    Yahoo is always instant delivery. Verizon POP3 is about the same as well.

12-18-10 10:41 PM
    This issue is not do with a lag in push when my phone is on, ONLY when it has been off and is being turned on or when regaining a signal. Any email sent when the phone was off or without a signal is what I am referring to.

Last edited by ebarne; 12-18-10 at 10:51 PM.
    12-18-10 10:47 PM
    They should be in queu and deilvered immediately since gmail is imap.

12-18-10 10:49 PM
    Shansmi- Precisely what my issue is...

12-18-10 10:53 PM
    Any other suggestions? Are all other gmail users not having this issue when turning the phone back on or regaining a signal?
    I would very much appreciate any input from the crackberry community. This can get pretty frustrating...
    12-19-10 01:34 PM
    When you turn the device back on, do you immediately see a BlackBerry symbol next to 3G or EDGE in upper case? If you have no BlackBerry symbol next to 3G or edge is lower case, you do not have a connection to BIS.

12-19-10 01:41 PM
    There has been something up since BIS 3.2 but BB has not given a concrete answer

look on BB's own forums and there is a 15 page thread to this
    12-19-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD