What is the best way to reboot the Torch? I hate having to do the take-off-back-cover battery pull. And for some reason, the Alt+cap+Del works some of the time, but not always???? Do I need to download one of those rebooting softwares? If so, any suggestions on which one is the best???
    08-26-10 12:36 PM
    QuickPull Lite is free and is working great for me, Pro option for more features.
    08-26-10 01:09 PM
    I would question, why do you feel you need to reboot your BlackBerry?

Current models are provisioned with plenty of memory, a low memory conditon is not likely to occur, unless you have a huge number of space consuming Themes or applications installed.

I advocate, and practice, letting the built in memory manager do all that work. I have gone several months, a couple of times, without a battery pull or keyboard restart on my 64 Mb Pearl.

08-26-10 01:16 PM
    I find that Alt Caps Del does work 100% of the time, but there is a long delay from when you press it to when the device responds....if its not accepting it on your device, make sure you are not accidently hitting one of the other neighboring keys.
    08-26-10 01:28 PM
    It has nothing to do with the amount of memory. I agree these devices now have plenty. But lately, I have been adding videos/movies, pictures, etc to my device. When I do this, often times the picture/name/title/order gets all out of whack. A reboot normally corrects this issue....
    08-26-10 01:30 PM
    alt - aA^ - del

Huh, never new that. Gotta' love this forum :-)
    08-26-10 03:39 PM
    Alt shift del works 100%. You must press and hold the 3 buttons until the red LED light comes on. Then release and wait . Also, my torch only needs to be rebooted because of OS quirkyness, IE: notification sounds playing, but no icons, or no call waiting tone, or no ring tones (that one hasn't happened in a while) but essentially, I never reboot due to memory leak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 04:02 PM
    I find that Alt Caps Del does work 100% of the time, but there is a long delay from when you press it to when the device responds....if its not accepting it on your device, make sure you are not accidently hitting one of the other neighboring keys.
    + 1
    it never failed to reboot the device.
    08-26-10 06:11 PM
    ControlBBanel and QuickLaunch apps have restart device features.
    08-26-10 06:22 PM
    Quick Launch has a restart function. I tell ya since having the torch I had no need to restart!
    08-26-10 06:22 PM
    I would question, why do you feel you need to reboot your BlackBerry?
    I've run across this a few times -- some apps require a reboot either on installation or removal. If I am removing/adding multiple programs I do it all in one go. Often, likely my luck, the last one doesn't ask for a reboot.

Yay 3-finger Salute!
    08-26-10 09:42 PM
    Quick Pull doesn't seem to work on the Torch. I tried RestartMe (on app world) and it works - but is not as full featured as Quick Pull.
    08-26-10 11:01 PM
    I've run across this a few times -- some apps require a reboot either on installation or removal. If I am removing/adding multiple programs I do it all in one go. Often, likely my luck, the last one doesn't ask for a reboot.

Yay 3-finger Salute!
    lol...that's often me too! always the last app won't ask! However, the key restart always works for me as well. Takes a few secs before the boot starts but always works. I too hate removing the battery door. Was easy when I first got it but for some reason last time I tried it was EXTREMELY difficult and I gave up!
    08-26-10 11:21 PM
    i have never removed the battery ( battery pull) since day 1.
    yes i have to re boot for newly installed app but it has the pop in question if you want to reboot now.
    and coming from a bold 9000.. this is phenomenal
    08-27-10 08:41 AM
    Quick Pull doesn't seem to work on the Torch. I tried RestartMe (on app world) and it works - but is not as full featured as Quick Pull.
    Quick pull works fine on my Torch. I did have to reboot the phone before it started working and it did not prompt me to do it.
    08-27-10 08:46 AM
    I've had to reboot a couple times due to OS issues.......hybrid of course. Keyboard works for me just fine. I thought about trying the QP Lite, but haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Just no need, really, unlike my S2.

Lovin the phone.
    08-27-10 08:47 AM
    QuickPull Pro has worked great for me. Way better than pulling that battery out. Cool thing is you can schedule it to reset too.
    08-27-10 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD