Anyway to set the Torch to use universal search to search remotely on the exchange server?

and if not

anyway to make the default email search the remote server vs. going into advanced search and search remote then searching?
    08-17-10 04:48 PM
    Anyway to set the Torch to use universal search to search remotely on the exchange server?

and if not

anyway to make the default email search the remote server vs. going into advanced search and search remote then searching?
    It works for me. When I type a name under universal search I have an icon for "Remote contact lookup"
    08-17-10 05:40 PM
    was referring to remote emails on the exchange server
    08-18-10 05:53 PM
    was referring to remote emails on the exchange server
    Sorry, I missunderstood. No, you can not search emails beyond the ones on your handset.
    08-18-10 06:18 PM
    is there anyway to make the default search within the bes account search the remote side vs having to go to advanced search
    08-20-10 09:33 AM
    WTF this is pretty much insane. I am a loyal BB user and BES admin who just recently upgraded to the 9800 for os6. But OS6 cannot search remotely for emails? OS5 did this... in fact this was one of the huge features of moving to BES 5 or BESx 5.

I thought I was doing somthing wrong today when I needed to search my email box for somthing a few months ago.... please correct me. I hope OS6 has remote email search. I too get the remote contact search icon.
    12-04-10 01:55 PM
    You absolutely CAN search remote (server) BES e-mail on the 9800 OS6. At your e-mail list hit the Menu key -> Search by -> Advanced.

At the top select "Search Messages: Remotely"

works like a charm

Have fun!
    12-05-10 05:14 PM
    How do I retrieve more than the first 19 matches?
    01-05-11 09:46 AM
    Press menu, scroll down and select "Get more results."
    01-05-11 10:03 AM
    You absolutely CAN search remote (server) BES e-mail on the 9800 OS6. At your e-mail list hit the Menu key -> Search by -> Advanced.

At the top select "Search Messages: Remotely"

works like a charm

Have fun!
    Thank you!!! I totally missed that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD