I don't know. I think it's a wasted bezel around the screen where they could increase the screen size / res. I'd actually like to see two versions of it, a vertical and horizontal slider and offer them both to users since some people may feel that one is better for them than the other.

Now if RIM gets it together and puts a faster processor and more on-board RAM to install and run programs to as well as WiFi, MicroSD, and making a Global phone on GSM and CDMA, then, yes, I'd get it!
    03-04-10 08:59 AM
    I actually think this looks horrible.....I'll stick to my 9700....just sayin'.....
    03-04-10 02:29 PM
    think this is more marketed towards teens. (i see ****load of 13+ with BB who have either curves or storms) so im sure it'd do well with them, but probably not business folk. appreciate they went with a vertical slide instead of the horizontal one
    03-04-10 02:38 PM
    the slider was inevitable. they made the right decision in going vertical with it, their existing keyboards can snap right in. should put the pre keyboard to shame.
    lets hope so, I liked the keyboard on the pre, but it was a bit too small. And it was top heavy.
    03-04-10 02:45 PM
    That OS just seems so fake. idkk..
    03-09-10 06:29 PM
    Looks better than a Pre in my opinion, not a fan of the whole curvey phone deal. Whatever, I think as long as it has the (now standard, kick-****) BB keyboard it will do well.
    03-10-10 01:49 PM
    Is it SO hard for the guy to give us a picture of the back of the phone??
    03-10-10 02:00 PM
    That OS just seems so fake. idkk..
    You're right, that UI is way too advanced for a device such as this. The hardware doesn't compliment it at all. lol
    03-10-10 11:18 PM
    WHAT!?!?!?!? where did this come from????
    03-11-10 12:48 AM
    Starting to grow on me he he

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 02:24 AM
    Great post.
    03-12-10 06:35 AM
    That's what she said.
    Haha. Haven't heard a good TWSS joke in a while. I didn't even think of that reading the earlier post.
    05-24-10 09:29 PM
    my dream design would be a touch screen with horizontal slider. i am not a fan of any design that adds length to a phone.

i however have never had a vertical slider. do they become top heavy?
    05-29-10 02:34 PM
    If you've seen all the pics of this phone, you'll note that the part that slides up is the screen, which is quite thin. The thicker and heavier part is the keyboard, which remains at the bottom. So it isn't top heavy when open -- rather, it is bottom heavy. The meaty part goes into your hands when it slides, in other words.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JasW; 05-29-10 at 11:59 PM.
    05-29-10 11:57 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD