I loved BeejiveIM when I had the Bold. Heck...the only app I actually willingly paid for!....But now I've gone and bought the Torch and it won't work properly.
    Suggestions? Alternatives? Even temporary ones? I hate having to have multiple IM apps running in the background.

~LB
    11-15-10 08:44 AM
    I loved BeejiveIM when I had the Bold. Heck...the only app I actually willingly paid for!....But now I've gone and bought the Torch and it won't work properly.
    Suggestions? Alternatives? Even temporary ones? I hate having to have multiple IM apps running in the background.

~LB
    Try the new beta version they just released. I have been using it on my torch and it seems to work pretty well. Make sure you delete all old versions and reboot your phone first before installing the new version of beejive.
    http://crackberry.com/beejiveim-2-1-beta-blackberry-now-available

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 08:48 AM
    Works ok on my Torch... What's the exact problem?
    11-15-10 08:49 AM
    meebo works fine on the torch and its free
    11-15-10 09:01 AM
    Works ok on my Torch... What's the exact problem?
    MY message bubble disappears when I type...so i can't see what i'm sending. When i DO see it....it flickers as I type.

~LD

(@Moody...thx. I'll try 2.1)
    11-15-10 10:44 AM
    Beejive is garbage. The developer releases a new beta every 4-6 months and it usually fixes one bug and introduces 6 more. When you try to post on their support forum, it's censored. Anything that might sound like a criticism of Beejive won't be allowed.

I regret giving them my money.

11-15-10 12:15 PM
    On Android, I didn't even try it. I didn't like the fact, even though I paid for the top tier license, I still have to pay for an Android license. I think that's been the case since I did switch. Many of my old BB apps I've paid for, won't carry over.

Either way, there are alternatives, as already mentioned. I've yet to try Meebo, but I might take a look if IMO IM wears out its welcome.
    11-15-10 12:20 PM
    Beejive is garbage. The developer releases a new beta every 4-6 months and it usually fixes one bug and introduces 6 more. When you try to post on their support forum, it's censored. Anything that might sound like a criticism of Beejive won't be allowed.

I regret giving them my money.

Really? Interesting, I used it for two years and had no problems at all. I guess I just like junk or something.
    11-15-10 12:44 PM
    Really? Interesting, I used it for two years and had no problems at all. I guess I just like junk or something.
    Ditto here. S'all good....there's ALWAYS a disgruntled customer. You can go to the best restaurant in the world and someone will say it sucked =)~

~LB
    11-15-10 02:01 PM
    They had a broken build released for at least 6 months or longer... With massive complaints from their own customers on their own forum that went ignored for a long, long time...

In addition there were several threads from ex customers saying not to purchase the app anymore due to non-existent support.

It wasn't until not that long ago that it was updated to working status again for many.
    11-15-10 02:04 PM
    They had a broken build released for at least 6 months or longer... With massive complaints from their own customers on their own forum that went ignored for a long, long time...

In addition there were several threads from ex customers saying not to purchase the app anymore due to non-existent support.

It wasn't until not that long ago that it was updated to working status again for many.
    Really? Once again, I had no problems and early on when I needed customer support (Simply for a questions regarding licensing.) I got an immediate response. Most "problems I see people having are simply user error, or services, i.e. Facebook or Yahoo having problems or changing things, or other programs installed on the phone causing conflicts. My Beejive worked flawlessly, I never had a problem. If you look at any forum or subforum on Crackberry, you will find that every Blackberry is utter crap and an absolute horrible phone and customer service from, insert carrier here, is nonexistent.

Thanks for your very informative post. You have offered absolutely no concrete information. You listed no actual problems, only vague references to problems.
    11-16-10 04:46 AM

~LB
    I've been running the beta ever since it was released and its been good. No critical issues. Only issue I've seen is when I'm typing and have the bubble come up my text gets cut off so I don't see it. Think it happens if you type really fast. Doesn't always happens.

11-16-10 09:44 AM
    Really? Once again, I had no problems and early on when I needed customer support (Simply for a questions regarding licensing.) I got an immediate response. Most "problems I see people having are simply user error, or services, i.e. Facebook or Yahoo having problems or changing things, or other programs installed on the phone causing conflicts. My Beejive worked flawlessly, I never had a problem. If you look at any forum or subforum on Crackberry, you will find that every Blackberry is utter crap and an absolute horrible phone and customer service from, insert carrier here, is nonexistent.

Thanks for your very informative post. You have offered absolutely no concrete information. You listed no actual problems, only vague references to problems.
    Just because you had no problems means that no one else did and they aren't welcone to share their problems with everyone else?

I had problems with the pop up notifications not popping up. Randomly, my contacts wouldn't receive messages from me. I constantly got logged out of all services at the same time with no notifications. What's worse, when I attempted to post on their forum what issues I was having, they never approved the post. It went into a black hole.

Most of the issues were due to incompatibilities with OS 5. Maybe they were specific to the Blackberry Bold 9000 with OS 5. Who knows?

I'm glad that it worked for you, but you don't need to attack people because they had problems and you didn't.

The new Beejive froze my Torch as soon as I opened the first message I received. I had to do a battery pull to get things working again. Since then, it still seems to have problems staying logged in, but most of the other problems have been addressed from what I can see.

11-16-10 01:56 PM
    It's fine that you didn't have problems. Just something to keep in mind. The thing was basically broken for most people for SEVERAL months with no fixes or updates...

That put Beejive on a lot of peoples-stay away list...
    11-16-10 02:14 PM
    I upgraded to 2.1 and it's working a LOT better. STILL buggy tho. any idea when / if there will be any updates?

- programme seems to freeze if a conversation gets too big.

~LB
    11-19-10 02:03 PM
    Just because you had no problems means that no one else did and they aren't welcone to share their problems with everyone else?

I had problems with the pop up notifications not popping up. Randomly, my contacts wouldn't receive messages from me. I constantly got logged out of all services at the same time with no notifications. What's worse, when I attempted to post on their forum what issues I was having, they never approved the post. It went into a black hole.

Most of the issues were due to incompatibilities with OS 5. Maybe they were specific to the Blackberry Bold 9000 with OS 5. Who knows?

I'm glad that it worked for you, but you don't need to attack people because they had problems and you didn't.

The new Beejive froze my Torch as soon as I opened the first message I received. I had to do a battery pull to get things working again. Since then, it still seems to have problems staying logged in, but most of the other problems have been addressed from what I can see.

I wasn't attacking you. I was only pointing out that you gave only generalizations with no specific information regarding the problems you said you had. Too many people do that on forums such as this one and it is hard to take them seriously. The posts sound as if they come from a disgruntled customer who could not be pleased no matter what.

I am sorry you had problems. I am not saying you didn't. I will say though that I ran Beejive on a Bold 9000 shortly after I got the Bold, the day they were released, to the day I bought the Torch. I never had any problems with the program, none. Many times problems regarding people not getting messages from you are due to connectivity issues having nothing to do with Bejive at all. I will not say you had no problems though.

On the Bold I ran OS 5 and was connected to Beejive 24 hours a day and a lot of that time was at sea on ships which give a horrible connection a lot of the time. It performed very well under the circumstances.

I am sorry you had problems and thanks for detailing your issues, that is much more useful on a forum like this rather than vague references to problems.
    11-20-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD