Hey, Wondering if any Torch user have had problems with the touchscreen operation. My main problems seem to be randomally it will not work, things from will not select icons or open text messages to the scrolling is limited if not gone.

Is there anything that i can do or is this a hardware issue

Thanks
    10-05-10 05:41 PM
    Are you using a case?
    10-05-10 05:49 PM
    A battery pull worked for me
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-05-10 08:57 PM
    I can't seem to find a proper solution to this problem. I am having a similar issue where my phone's touchscreen will occasionally stop working. More specifically, it will keep registering presses on the left side of the screen no matter where I am pressing else where. This is the left side when I hold the phone Vertically. The issues stays on that side of the phone though if I then proceed to move the phone horizontally though. It is always random and it can happen every few minutes sometimes and other times over a few hours. The only fix to get it back to normal is a battery pull. I have tried going to the current O.S. as well as the newest O.S. but it makes no difference. I have done a complete wipe and reinstall, but have had no success. This seems to be a software issue as like a said earlier seems to go back to a normal touchscreen after a batter pull, but I am not 100% sure.

Is there anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? And does anyone have any ideas of how I can make this problem go away besides going and getting a replacement phone? I'm open for all ideas. Thanks.

- Lamarr
    12-01-10 09:17 AM
    I too have been having the touch screen problem for the last week. I have done what everyone keeps saying, pull the battery, update the OS to .337, do a soft reset. All of those fixed the problem temporary. And yet again my touch screen goes back to not working. I will be going back to the store tonight to ask what else to do or to return it.
    12-01-10 10:44 AM
    Let me know how that goes for you. I might have to follow that method but I just hate getting all of my apps transferred to the new phones and what not with codes. Anyone else experiencing this?

-Lamarr

12-01-10 06:20 PM
    i Went back and got a replacment phone. Starting over. Cross my fingers.

12-01-10 11:02 PM
    Has anyone tried maxing the touchscreen sensitivity? That's how I always have mine and I've never once had a problem with it. I read everyones problems on torchs, and the only one I have is the wobbles.
    12-02-10 06:55 AM
    I have the same random screen issues, it will keep registering presses on the left side of the screen. Need to do battery pull and it will sometimes work OK for few days or it will come back after few hours of use. Running v6.0.0.246 software.
    12-02-10 09:33 AM
    I have the same random screen issues, it will keep registering presses on the left side of the screen. Need to do battery pull and it will sometimes work OK for few days or it will come back after few hours of use. Running v6.0.0.246 software.
    Had the same problem. Would press on the right side of the screen and it would register on the left side. Seems like an option to calibrate the touchscreen would come in handy. Anyway, took it back and they shipped me a new one out the next day. No problems since.

12-03-10 04:32 AM
    I am having the same issue (touches registering on the wrong side of the screen) with my torch which is only a few months old. Scrolling is also not working correctly. It selects text - or selects a link on the page - or zooms - instead of scrolling when I run my finger across the screen vertically. Since a battery pull is not convenient with the AGF case I use, I reset by holding Alt-Shift-Del. Then it works OK until the next day or even hours later.

I just called my ATT store and described the problem. They said that they had not heard of the issue, but would start by backing up my phone and doing a full reset. If I still had the issues after trying that for a while, they would look into replacement.

Is their reset any different than what I can do myself with BlackBerry Desktop Software?
    01-01-11 01:37 PM
    hey lamarr, im having the same prob, and everytime i charge it the screen doesnt work, im switching to another phone, but can anyone help me find like the best phone ou there?
    01-02-11 06:54 AM
    I am having the same issue (touches registering on the wrong side of the screen) with my torch which is only a few months old. Scrolling is also not working correctly. It selects text - or selects a link on the page - or zooms - instead of scrolling when I run my finger across the screen vertically. Since a battery pull is not convenient with the AGF case I use, I reset by holding Alt-Shift-Del. Then it works OK until the next day or even hours later.

I just called my ATT store and described the problem. They said that they had not heard of the issue, but would start by backing up my phone and doing a full reset. If I still had the issues after trying that for a while, they would look into replacement.

Is their reset any different than what I can do myself with BlackBerry Desktop Software?
    What AT&T wants you to do is a security wipe.

Options > Security > Security Wipe

Or quite possibly wiping the device with your choice of wiping software,(be it bbsak, or jl_cmdr, or bmcp)and reloading the OS. I would first try the security wipe option, but remember to use desktop manager to backup your device. I would start with a selective backup of just your address book and messages(if there are some you would like to keep, otherwise just your address book). Do a security wipe then reload your backups. Sometimes backups(when there full backups) will carry bugs over when you reload the backup.
    01-02-11 07:06 AM
    I'm going to try the security wipe option that Homer recommended. Hopefully I don't need a full wipe; I too hate resetting codes
    05-18-11 10:24 AM
    I had to have my Torch replaced under warranty. The wipe did no good. I believe it was a hardware issue. The replacement has been good since.
    05-18-11 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD