Hey everyone, first time posting but been reading all the time here at crackberry. bb fanatic here. just got the torch and love it. had the 9700 used the captivate for 2 weeks hated it and now love the torch. has anyone else notice when you click on the notification bar it shows to many birthdays? and ones that have passed and totally different months? my notification bar shows like 10 bdays ranging from last december till this christmas. any help would be greatly appreciate it. thank you
    08-15-10 09:29 AM
    I've seen that before on OS 5 on my Bold using certain themes that show a large amount of events in the calendar. It seems that there are 10 events that show when you drop down the notification bar, and instead of just showing upcoming events, if there aren't enough to fill up the 10 slots, it will repeat some or show old ones just to fill it up. I may be wrong, but that's the way it seems to me.
    08-15-10 09:52 AM
    I have seen this before (on other phones) with the Facebook app installed. Are you by chance using that? If so, disable calendar integration and the problem should go away.
    08-15-10 09:58 AM
    RIM has to address the calendar/notification drop down display. Having to scroll down to see messages/social feeds is horrible when you have calendar entries. I'd like to see:

- notification options for calendar to show today & tomorrow only
    - turn off all calendar entries in notification bar
    - show only today and/or actual # of entries user selectable
    08-15-10 10:10 AM
    I have seen this before (on other phones) with the Facebook app installed. Are you by chance using that? If so, disable calendar integration and the problem should go away.

Yes I do have fb. how do i disable calendar integration? i cant seem to find it in the options in calendar, thanks for the replies
    08-15-10 06:30 PM
    I'm noticing this too, but I don't want to delete my facebook -> calendar integration because I like how it adds events that I say yes to, and notify me and everything. I do like having the integration, I was just hoping to see that there was a way to take the Calendar Notifications off in the Notification Bar.
    08-16-10 09:08 AM
    i disabled calendar intergration but it still synced peoples birthdays from facebook into my torch.
    08-16-10 09:10 AM
    Yeah, I noticed that too. It's showing birthdays until 2012 plus all the ones that have already passed this year.
    08-16-10 10:37 AM
    I am sorta having the same problem, my notification area is showing all the holidays for the rest of the year. I started a new job and I added the holidays in my Outlook and now they are showing up.

Is there any way to make it so that I can make them not show up? Or is the only solution right now to turn off calendar integration?
    08-27-10 09:16 AM
    FB calendar integration is done within the FB app under options. The 3 integrations are at the top. Be sure to save. You may also have to detel the FB Calendar service book. Look for the CICAL. You shuld see one per email account and one for FB. Delete the one for FB and ONLY that one.
    08-27-10 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD