Hello, Need some advise on purchasing this phone. My questions:

I have been an iphone user and do not have a data plan. I phone worked great for me because I can check mails on wifi and do so much stuff on wifi, not feeling the need for data plan. Will Bb do the same?
    - can you check mails over wifi ?
    - are good apps free?

With iPhone you have the provision to "jailbreak" and get apps for 'discounted' fee... similar provision here? All that aside for gameplay apps, I am mostly concerned about browsing experiace, youtube, and emails ...all over wifi...
    iPhone works flawlessly over wifi for checking mails! wonder if this does the same.

thanks.
    09-11-11 09:04 AM
    You need a BlackBerry Data Plan to get email even over WiFi.

There are many good apps that are free. There are many good apps that are paid. There are many bad apps that are paid.

You can't "jailbreak" a BlackBerry. And you can't get apps for a "discounted fee" beyond that set by the developer.
    09-11-11 09:46 AM
    You need a BlackBerry Data Plan to get email even over WiFi.

There are many good apps that are free. There are many good apps that are paid. There are many bad apps that are paid.

You can't "jailbreak" a BlackBerry. And you can't get apps for a "discounted fee" beyond that set by the developer.

My thoughts the same. I had BB 8900, and I could not get mails over wifi or use any usefull apps. Nothing worked and said, "that network data not available" I could only go to browser and check mails via mobile sites VS the mail application on iphone works on wifi.... eeeeek.
    09-11-11 11:11 AM
    Yeah without a data plan you can't do much on a blackberry.. If a blackberry is on wifi u can only surf the web browser and use Facebook app but that's pretty much about it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 03:33 PM
    If using data features (over WiFi or otherwise) without having a data plan is important to you, then get something other than a BlackBerry.
    09-11-11 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD