So I have been running through the forums trying to figure this out, but it seems like I am just SOL. Is there no way to use the wifi browser without a data plan?

This is what I don't understand. I am able to use the browser if I connect to an AT&T hotspot, but not if I try to connect to any other wifi.

No solutions out there?

If nothing else, does anyone know some good free apps that are not OTA?
    01-02-11 07:47 PM
    No there is no way to use the Blackberry browser without a data plan. Which carrier are you using the phone with?
    01-02-11 07:53 PM
    I had no idea u could use a blackberry without a data plan. Makes sense because this dude I work with was using an iphone 3g with no data plan the other day, which I thought was pointless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 08:16 PM
    I turn off my Mobile Network then connect to Wi-Fi, and I still can use my browser...
    01-02-11 08:38 PM
    Wierd cause I did that with my bold 9000 for a entire year and before that with my curve. There is a list of apn and password settings on google. Try to find it and your set.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 09:06 PM
    I turn off my Mobile Network then connect to Wi-Fi, and I still can use my browser...
    Do you have a data plan? If you do, then BIS gets redirected through WIFI. So basically, turning the radio off and leaving wifi on having a data plan is not pure wifi (only wifi) access.
    01-02-11 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD