Don't know how legit this is... it IS BGR afterall...

But if something like this came out... it *could* sway me back to RIM.... large touch screen, with keyboard... with a better OS and webkit browser, throw in some widgets, high res screen (800x480) and fast speed... and it might bring me back...

Details on RIM’s new BlackBerry slider? � Boy Genius Report

02-26-10 08:06 AM
    I hope this isn't it. Looks horrible to me **** just my opinion.
    02-26-10 08:18 AM
    Ewww.

I went with RIM because I love their form factors. That's their signature. I purposely shy away from sliders. Do not want.

I'd be more interested in the previous reiteration... Bold form-factor with a touch screen.
    02-26-10 08:41 AM
    its looks fake...like someone set a tour or a bold behind a storm 2...lol
    02-26-10 09:54 AM
    Yeah its photo shopped...its a storm with a Pre right behind it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 10:04 AM
    According to the article, resolution has not changed... 360x480 again. If that is true this will be the final nail in the coffin..

RIM listen up...

forget the 360x480 (tiny screen and make BIGGER (size + resolution screens) there is no excuse for this having the same screen they have been using for 2 years..most others are using 480x800.Wake up!!

02-26-10 10:10 AM
    Yeah its photo shopped...its a storm with a Pre right behind it

Considering the buttons on the pre are much different

If anything it's a Storm 1/2 (can't really make out if the buttons are buttons or made into the screen with that pic) and a Tour keypad.

This "thing" is horrendous!

And I fully agree with axe50 on the resolution!
    02-26-10 10:13 AM
    i think its just a pre bottom with a tour keyboard shopped in and a storm 2 shopped up top. looks kinda hideous though.
    02-26-10 10:23 AM
    It would make me happy to never see that hit the market. Lol

02-26-10 10:24 AM
    It would make me happy to never see that hit the market. Lol

totally AGREED
    02-26-10 02:09 PM
    It says in the BGR article that the image is for illustrative purposes only.

I, for one, *am* interested in a BB portrait slider. Big screen + real keyboard = <3
    02-26-10 03:13 PM
    Palm pre w blackberry email? Sign me uuuuuuuup.

02-26-10 04:04 PM
    Ok.. As crappy as it looks... If BGR put it up. I'm think it's pretty safe to assume it's legit. There have been rumors on this phone for so long. Just think, they could have put it up at anytime on the BGR website, but they waited until they had more solid and concrete evidence. When I first saw the phone, I thought it was extremely large.. but remembr its a portrait slider so it could be in it's slid up form... Unfortunately its not for Verizon.. I think I'm gonna stick with my Storm 3 :P
    02-26-10 04:17 PM
    It says in the BGR article that the image is for illustrative purposes only.
    Good catch. I was about to post it looks like a 3 year old learning to use photoshop for the first time.
    02-26-10 04:43 PM
    Here's one I made a while back for someone that wanted a storm slider with android OS...just excuse the android os...lol...wouldnt be a bad slider though.
    02-26-10 04:52 PM
    While I'm not a fan of sliders, I might be interested after the final designs are rolled out.
    02-26-10 04:55 PM
    I don't know what it is about these kinds of photoshops, but they tick me off to no end. Not the ideas or wacky phone combination's themselves that people come up with, but simply the lack of effort put in to making something believable, which is the most fun part of it to me, trying to actually make people believe it could be real, or at least pass for it. The point I'm trying to make is why bother wasting your time on something that is sure as **** going to be instantly disregarded as fake, but to each his own.

This isn't a flame towards anyone (but I know I'll come across as a jackass), it's just my opinion!
    02-26-10 08:11 PM
    the last sentence in the BGR article...

Image for illustrative purposes only.
    02-26-10 08:51 PM
    Ftw "Image for illustrative purposes only".

02-26-10 09:28 PM
    I think it would be too hard to deal with a screen that size and a slide out keypad. It's a good idea, though.. I just don't know how I'd feel about sure press, a slider, a big screen.. I'd just be confused and overwhelmed :0 New bbs are exciting!!
    02-26-10 11:51 PM
    That is a big photoshop mess. I do think that a BB slider will be available soon, but not that one. .

02-27-10 12:07 AM
    A BB side-slider(like the Samsung Moment) could be nice if RIM focused on the slide design hardware quality. Actually anything is better than the joke that is SurePress.
    02-27-10 03:55 AM
    I highly doubt this is what the Dakota is going to look like, but the illustration does show the concept.
    02-27-10 08:19 AM
    Check this link, it's what we should have, OS6 of course

How About A BlackBerry With A Touch Screen And A Slide-Out Keyboard?
    02-27-10 05:14 PM
    Don't know how legit this is... it IS BGR afterall...

But if something like this came out... it *could* sway me back to RIM.... large touch screen, with keyboard... with a better OS and webkit browser, throw in some widgets, high res screen (800x480) and fast speed... and it might bring me back...

Details on RIM�s new BlackBerry slider? � Boy Genius Report

If RIM does produce a slider I hope it is the same form factor as the HTC models that slide from the side. Give a larger keyboard and ability to use the full screen still in BBM.
    02-27-10 05:51 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD