- CrackBerry Genius
- 1,664 Posts
A friend of mine had to replace his Torch 9800. I think he had his contacts backed up with BB Protect, but as only some of his contacts moved over with his SIM card he has started to add contacts manually.
When restoring a BB Protect backup, does it overwrite the local contacts or does it simply merge the two?Heins: "We have only one opportunity to get this right".
Nope, it's not gone well.
- 01-13-2013, 12:45 AM #2
It adds the full data from the backup at the point it was made. The contact list should end up nearly identical to what was on the previous phone, if not a mirror image.Bacon should be reclassified as meat candy.Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII.
- By joeypasta in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 4Last Post: 04-06-2011, 02:33 PM
- By dg1988 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 5Last Post: 04-05-2011, 08:26 PM
- By Malicab in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 6Last Post: 03-31-2011, 05:00 PM
- By fokrab in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-20-2011, 01:24 PM
- By tmienterprises in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 4Last Post: 03-09-2011, 02:50 PM