All of a sudden my battery is draining at an alarming rate. I have tried rebooting etc but doesn't seem to help. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what to test or try. Thanks
    07-14-11 03:07 PM
    Open Options->Device->Application Management, swipe to the CPU tab, and see if the first app on the list (esp. a recent install) is thrashing the processor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by hubermania; 07-15-11 at 01:31 PM. Reason: fixed menu selection
    luvbuglady, wendybeee and Snaffled like this.
    07-14-11 06:34 PM
    Sorry, went to options and then device, but don't see applications. See application management but that just seems to show what is on the bb.
    07-14-11 07:33 PM
    Sorry, went to options and then device, but don't see applications. See application management but that just seems to show what is on the bb.
    In Application Management, tap on an application to open up its Properties. Scroll down to the Resources section, and make sure that CPU is selected as the Type. This will show you how much CPU is being used by that app.

Also, check that your memory card hasn't gone bonkers. They've been known to make a phone behave bizarrely when they get corrupted. First, plug your phone into your computer and back up and/or copy off all your data files. Then go to Options > Device > Storage, hit the BB key and select Repair. If that doesn't work, try reformatting the media card (same steps as above, but select Format instead of Repair).
    07-14-11 08:33 PM
    Thanks. On usage, the only app showing usage is Options (22%) so I may have to check the memory card. Could it be the battery itself?
    07-14-11 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD