The battery plate is loose and ive put some tape on the back and it has stopped moving and feels solid now, however it doesnt quite suck down comepletely at the very bottom and lifts ever so slightly. The metal lining on the bottom half of the phone which wraps around the slide/keyboard isnt snug aswell, it kreeks and makes noise when I use the physical keyboard. The O.S on this phone has been rock solid and it seems ******** to return it because the device feels loose, but at the same time I find this very bothersome.
    11-28-10 03:48 AM
    I would swap it anyway. If the battery comes loose during a phone call...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 03:50 AM
    Ive never had to return a phone before and exchange it. I bought it on november 3rd, so what happens when I go into rogers?
    11-28-10 03:52 AM
    The battery door is a simple fix. Look at the the bottom back of the device, you should see 2 arrow looking pieces of plastic. Simple bend those outward and your battery door will be tight again.
    11-28-10 05:59 AM
    ive got the same problem!!

got myself a hard case.. but the creek is still audible and felt through the case !
    11-28-10 10:27 AM
    The battery door is a simple fix. Look at the the bottom back of the device, you should see 2 arrow looking pieces of plastic. Simple bend those outward and your battery door will be tight again.
    please elaborate?
    11-28-10 10:29 AM
    Ive never had to return a phone before and exchange it. I bought it on november 3rd, so what happens when I go into rogers?
    The last phone I got died after two days. I took it in, they looked at it and tried to fix it then just swapped it out for a new one. Took it out of the box, checked to make sure it was working and sent me on my way, no questions asked. That was with AT&T but I can't imagine it'd be much different anywhere else. Now's your time to do it, if for any reason you're unhappy swap until you are!
    11-28-10 10:30 AM
    The last phone I got died after two days. I took it in, they looked at it and tried to fix it then just swapped it out for a new one. Took it out of the box, checked to make sure it was working and sent me on my way, no questions asked. That was with AT&T but I can't imagine it'd be much different anywhere else. Now's your time to do it, if for any reason you're unhappy swap until you are!
    Oh but be weary.

I went through 3 swaps.

1st one: Wobble when closed (heavy wobble!)
    2nd one: Dent on edge of screen (yes sounds ridiculous, but it was as if someone took a key to the screen!)
    3rd one: Wobble when open (progressively heavy -- swapped on 2nd week)
    4th one: creaking battery plate

I've decided to settle for the 4th one lol.
    11-28-10 10:32 AM
    please elaborate?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/sl...-cover-540255/
    11-28-10 10:58 AM
    Exactly what I was reffering to. Works for me every time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 02:06 PM
    u guys are geniuses.
    11-28-10 05:40 PM
    Bending plastic tabs to me doesnt sound like a good time. I talked to rogers today and they are sending me a brand new torch. The keyboard had this annoying creak to it and that was really my reasoning for it. This phones slider felt really nice, not loose at all and very sturdy. Hopefully the next one is like this.
    11-28-10 06:50 PM
    Bending plastic tabs to me doesnt sound like a good time. I talked to rogers today and they are sending me a brand new torch. The keyboard had this annoying creak to it and that was really my reasoning for it. This phones slider felt really nice, not loose at all and very sturdy. Hopefully the next one is like this.
    You do realize that after several times of pulling the cover off it will loosen up after time?

Bending the tabs will tighten it up again. There thin plastic and will eventually bend inwards making your cover loose.

Your not technically bending anything out of it's original shape, more like putting it back to it's original shape. If you are thinking this will not happen on your new device after time, your only fooling yourself.
    11-28-10 06:54 PM
    You do realize that after several times of pulling the cover off it will loosen up after time?

Bending the tabs will tighten it up again. There thin plastic and will eventually bend inwards making your cover loose.

Your not technically bending anything out of it's original shape, more like putting it back to it's original shape. If you are thinking this will not happen on your new device after time, your only fooling yourself.
    Did you not read the part about the creak? or are you a rehtard? I work with plastic all the time, Keep bending it and eventually it will snap. PM me when this happens to yours so I can laugh.
    11-28-10 06:55 PM
    Suppose I'm a "rehtard" or is that a ******? You may pm me when yours creeks again and your carrier wont replace it because your out of your warranty time.

You were bothered by the battery door, I posted a known fix for this. Simple as that. Calling names accomplishes nothing. Take your attitude elsewhere, or next time fix it yourself.

FYI...
    The creak is the bezel around the keyboard. not the actual keyboard, been posted about several times.
    fass likes this.
    11-28-10 07:05 PM
    No its the actual keyboard, lol its why he said it needs to be replaced. It sounds like a mat hitting a floor.
    11-28-10 07:12 PM
    now now boys...
    11-29-10 02:05 PM
    Thanks for the tip on the fix for the loose door. I pushed it slightly so as not to go to far and it tighened it right up.

Aswome, Back to a solid device, Cue the happy face.
    12-08-10 01:22 PM
    lol its funny when people are asking help about something and when you help them they call you ****** haha
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-08-10 03:20 PM
    lol its funny when people are asking help about something and when you help them they call you ****** haha
    Exactly my thinking too.
    12-08-10 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD