I switched from my storm to a torch today... my torch went active at noon and by 6 I was in the red. I am consitintly im'ing os sms'ing, it's how Ii make it threw the day at work at school. My Storm never really had a problem making it threw a full day 8am to at least 12, and even then it wasn't really dead, I can count the times on 2 hands that in 2 years of having my storm I killed it completely or as fast as I killed my torch today, I am extremely not happy with it and thinking of returning it...

Everyone alway said what a crappy phone the Storm was, but at this point I'm thinking it was a better option then this, there is no reason why someone should have to carry a charge with them.
    What OS is it running? Perhaps an update is due.
    If it was brand new you will see some gradual improvement in a few days and after a few restarts or battery pulls.
    Search for threads on conserving Torch battery life. There are plenty of great tips. One tip is that there is very little difference in having the screen brightness at 0 or 100 so try a low value...20-30 is a fairly common setting.
    06-30-11 11:56 AM
    pmccartney,

I've done it all it got a little better, but that torch had to be returned I will see if the second one will be any better.. It was defective, I work in an Electronics store and I had the cell guys look at it, there is no updates either, at else according to blackberry desktop
    07-01-11 12:02 PM
    DM will only get you the latest OS blessed by your carrier. Follow the sticky at the top of the 9800 forum to installing the latest official OS (6.0.0.600 as I write this). It will take a week or two for the battery to condition itself. My sig has a link to a thread I started about 8220 battery life that applies equally well to the 9800.
    07-01-11 02:53 PM
    this is my experience... My first torch didn't even charge with wall chargers when i first took it out of the box. It would only charge by USB and within 30mins it would not charge at all lol lol lol. Took is back for a replacement

now... my current Torch.. running 6.0.0.246

daily usage
    - 3 corp emails
    - bbm
    - constant tweeting
    - facebook
    - msn
    - foursquare
    - regualr phone calls

usually by 10pm i have about 35%-40% battery life remaining.... With my 9700 i would have 45%-50%
    07-04-11 11:14 AM
    Running .526 leak for the last 3 days and battery life actually seems worse than on .448 official. Unused apps closed. Twitter refreshes every 3 hours, Facebook doesn't refresh. Wifi/bluetooth off. Backlight times out after 10 secs. Brightness at 30.

This blows. A new bberry with less than 12 hours battery life. Borderline useless.
    Borderline useless? A bit of an understatement. Less then 12 hours battery life is why I quit Android.
    07-04-11 12:07 PM
    I finally fixed my issue with my torch's battery. I bought the torch in January and the battery lasted a couple of days for each charge with excessive use. Then I had an issue with the torch and got a replacement under warranty. I thought the battery not lasting in the new torch was due to a problem with the battery created by the old torch errors. However, I got a new battery and it still drained within 6 hours - even if it was fully charged and turned off, it drained overnight. I searched on the internet and read everyone's suggestions, trying them all and finally found the one that worked! If you have a memory card installed, go to Options... Device... Storage ... and UNCHECK the "Enable Compression". Once I did that, my phone has held a charge for over 24 hours and I've searched the web, watched youtube videos, checked emailed, made calls, etc. When I turn my phone on in the mornings, it now has the same amount of charge as when I turned it off. Hope this helps!
    07-11-11 02:19 PM
    I figure its the both of us. I mean to say sometimes its us or sometimes its the torch. Only downside

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 12:38 AM
    I've had my Torch since Dec 2010. A few days after I bought it , they exchanged the battery due it draining too quickly. Fast forward 7 months, no battery issues until this week. Now the battery barely lasts the 8-9 hours at the office. There have been no change in the usage nor apps. Usually it would last me until I charged it at night.

4:30 pm and it died ... since 8:30 am this am it's been in use.. no different than before, business email, texts...little phone use.

Is the battery under warranty for 12 months? I am looking to see if I can go into the store and get it swapped.
    Last edited by alexplantman; 07-14-11 at 03:35 PM.
    07-14-11 03:02 PM
133 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD