im a pretty heavy user, im basically always on my phone, checking twitter / bbm / texting, searching things on the internet. Even just when im bored im playing around on it.

so i was wondering how is the battery life on this deviced compared to the tour? because im planning on getting one.
    04-14-11 02:13 AM
    I've never used the Tour so I can't compare those two devices. But I will say this. The Torch battery has been great for me. However, if I'm doing a lot of heavy BBM, that will cause my battery to drain. To me, that seems to be the biggest battery drainer of all: lots of BBM chats going at the same time. But I'm at work all day and can't just sit and BBM, so the only time that applies is at night or on the weekends and I usually charge it once a day anyway.

For me, battery life is also better on the leaked OSs than the stock one that comes with the Torch, which can be horrible. So if you get a Torch, make sure you upgrade the OS first thing.

Hope that helps. And let us know how you like the Torch!
    04-14-11 06:14 AM
    As a former Tour user (and now someone who manages a few Bold 9650's, the more mature version of the Tour) I can say the battery life, dependant upon usage, will be on par.

The D-X1 in your Tour is a 1400mAH battery, while the F-S1 in the Torch is a slightly smaller, 1250mAH battery, however the Torch is running a more efficient 3G radio stack (and using GSM/UMTS, which is more efficient than CDMA) and so you'll likely notice very little difference.

If you do notice any different, it'll likely come as a result of how you use the device, getting a big touch screen will allow you to do things you may not have done with your Tour (games, videos, etc) however even with heavy usage, the battery will still be sufficient to keep you above 25-30% by about 9pm, if you unplug the device at about 6am that day.

As hmutt said, As soon as you get your device, download a leaked OS, or the official .448 release from 3-UK, and install that before you even sync your data, My AT&T Torch shipped with .246, and .448 from 3 is far better in terms of performance and battery life.
    04-14-11 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD