Does anyone have any ideas to help save batter life on a Torch. My battery will die in 10-12 hours with doing very little. I have done the following:

- closed as many apps as possible
    - keep dimming and brightness to a MINIMUM
    - avoid running apps in the background
    - no bluetooth
    - no wireless

Any other ideas?

Thanks.
    11-24-10 12:55 PM
    force your phone to 2g (edge) only, not 3g. Options>Networks and Connections>MobileNetwork>Network Mode = 2g. I was having the exact same problem and my phone goes for 2 days now (including all night long). It'll be slower if you stream youtube or something, but for just messaging/facebook/email or whatever, it's perfectly fine data speed.
    11-24-10 01:31 PM
    Turn the display brightness down to 10, that's what did it for me.

Mine also seemed like the more I charged it, the better it got, as if the battery had to be "conditioned"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 03:45 PM
    I bought the app BatteryBooster and my battery life like seriously doubled just after downloading it.
    11-24-10 03:47 PM
    "I bought the app BatteryBooster and my battery life like seriously doubled just after downloading it."

That's an incredible statement!!!!!
    There is no battery app that will give you that kind of results (including this one). And here are some of the reviews for BatteryBooster (and this app is from a developer who has been written up many times as one who has apps that do nothing):

AnnMarie1265162
    FYI, My previous REVIEW should have showed a "1" instead of 5 stars. I'd give it zero if I could

michael369219
    SNAKE OIL! Crap app! Simply a scam of an app. Buyer beware!!!!!!

Wendy1844819
    Rubbish! My battery drains faster than ever! Uninstalled and refund

Daniel868660
    Nothing happens after intalling the so call booster. Instead, my battery is dead after 1 hour. Please refund immediately!

To the OP, follow some of the other tips above (including turning off 3G) and you will be just fine. But you should ignore the recommendation above regarding purchasing that app. (Trust me, it is a scam!)

This is from another web site about this same developer's newest "scam":

Does SignalBooster by S4BB Actually Work? Almost Certainly Not.
    Postedby Kyle McInneson November 24, 2010, at 12:27 PM

SignalBooster by S4BB is the latest app to come from the company and it’s highly suspect. Not too long ago, we had a similar issue with an app called NetworkACC – Mobile Network Accelerator that claimed to boost the speed of your network. A while back we wrote an article breaking down exactly what a third party BlackBerry app can do, and did a great job of proving that NetworkACC’s claims are simply not possible. By using the same facts provided in this article, we would have to say that SignalBooster is also lying about their ability to boost your signal. The fact is that third parties simply don’t have access to a radio layer of code.
    Last edited by tellsells; 11-24-10 at 09:00 PM.
    11-24-10 04:47 PM
    "I bought the app BatteryBooster and my battery life like seriously doubled just after downloading it."

That's an incredible statement!!!!!
    There is no battery app that will give you that kind of results (including this one). And here are some of the reviews for BatteryBooster (and this app is from a developer who has been written up many times as one who has apps that do nothing):

AnnMarie1265162
    FYI, My previous REVIEW should have showed a "1" instead of 5 stars. I'd give it zero if I could

michael369219
    SNAKE OIL! Crap app! Simply a scam of an app. Buyer beware!!!!!!

Wendy1844819
    Rubbish! My battery drains faster than ever! Uninstalled and refund

Daniel868660
    Nothing happens after intalling the so call booster. Instead, my battery is dead after 1 hour. Please refund immediately!

To the OP, follow some of the other tips above (including turning off 3G) and you will be just fine. But you should ignore the recommendation above regarding purchasing that app. (Trust me, it is a scam!)

This is from another web site about this same developer's newest "scam":

Does SignalBooster by S4BB Actually Work? Almost Certainly Not.
    Postedby Kyle McInneson November 24, 2010, at 12:27 PM

SignalBooster by S4BB is the latest app to come from the company and it’s highly suspect. Not too long ago, we had a similar issue with an app called NetworkACC – Mobile Network Accelerator that claimed to boost the speed of your network. A while back we wrote an article breaking down exactly what a third party BlackBerry app can do, and did a great job of proving that NetworkACC’s claims are simply not possible. By using the same facts provided in this article, we would have to say that SignalBooster is also lying about their ability to boost your signal. The fact is that third parties simply don’t have access to a radio layer of code.
    lol. ok. well maybe it was a tad of an exaggeration but it certainly does feel like it doubled. my battery used to last maybe 14 hours ish and after i downloaded it i can go maybe a whole day now if not more. the app certainly helped my battery out in some way, shape or form. maybe i got lucky, who knows, but i'm not complaining. i bought it when it was on sale too. (P.S. i don't work for this company. i could care less if the OP or anyone listened or bought that app).
    Last edited by jaxterz; 11-24-10 at 05:50 PM.
    11-24-10 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD