CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default battery issues

My phone is dieing all the time iv done all the recent updates and i am no longer doing anything but using bbm and texting and calling. i will have full battery talk on the phone for 10 minutes and i will be completely dead. im having to charge my phone 2-3 times a day every day. i went into my provider and got them to test my battery and they said it was a good battery. i have had the phone for about a year and a half and it has been like this now for a couple months progressively getting worse. sometimes when i reboot my phone after my phone says its dead it will turn on with 3/4 battery life then withing 5 minutes it says it is completely dead. Any suggestions?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,471 Global Posts

Default battery issues

i had the same issue with my 9800. couldnt figure it out for the life of me so i just picked up a bold9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Curve 8300 then....Q10 now

Music/Film/Tech
    CrackBerry Genius

May have to just buy a new battery. Mine is getting to where it's not holding a charge like it used to, either.

These things don't last forever, and I'm not sure how a carrier can "test" a battery. It's not like a car battery that can be tested under a load of several hundred amps. It can obviously be charged. It's the inability to hold it when used for an hour or so.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Default Re: battery issues

I'm having the same issues lately. My phone and battery are 2 years old. Debating on buying a new battery for 2 months (because I will be getting a BB10 phone) or just waiting.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

yeah i emailed rim about it to see what they will do but i am waiting for the Samsung ativ s that is my next phone.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    pins tend to hurt you..

I have a 2yr old 9800. I switched back to it from my 9900 while I was waiting for another one (I drowned it 15 times, literally) and the battery life was awesome. Not just cause I'm coming from 9900 which isn't so awesome, but I got 2 days out of it.