does the battery life improve after a few weeks of use?

Right now I get about 10hours with moderate to heavy use on my torch and bought BatteryPlus app. I now get about 13-14 hours, but would still like to get more.

My BB9000 was gettin me over 24 hours.

Is there a conditioning process for 9800 batteries?
    11-21-10 04:39 PM
    ^ to maximize battery life..
    you need to address open applications as well..
    there should me only 5 apps open when you're not using your phone..
    it's the home screen, BBM, Browser, Message and contacts (i think)
    then the screen brightness should be adjusted as well.
    personally i use 30% which is bright enough for most people.
    lastly, the notification settings on your facebook, twitter and other social apps.
    if you can make them to an hour or 2 hours instead of 15 minutes..
    that will conserve battery.
    another way is to use 2G instead of 3G. difference will be night and day.
    you don't really need 3G unless you're browsing web pages most of the times.
    try that and you'll be charging every other night.

and YES. the battery needs some cycles to be in its optimum performance.
    joeboxer13 likes this.
    11-21-10 04:48 PM
    Ok so let me state what I've known for years about lithium type batteries( i work with them daily in my hobby of r/c planes).

There is no "break in" period for such batteries. Also completely discharging the battery to only charge it again is not required as these type of batteries do not retain a memory. In fact short discharges and full recharges are whats preferred. Here's a clip from a battery 101 pertaining to lithium ion in particular(this particular article deals with laptop batteries, but applies to all lithium ion batteries).

Simple Guidelines

* Avoid frequent full discharges because this puts additional strain on the battery. Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one. Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion does not cause harm because there is no memory. (In this respect, lithium-ion differs from nickel-based batteries.) Short battery life in a laptop is mainly cause by heat rather than charge / discharge patterns.

If you want to read the full article.

How to prolong lithium-based batteries
    jcp007 likes this.
    11-21-10 06:06 PM
    Thanks,

I've done all the things to maximize battery life, but i'm hoping its just a matter of conditioning. I've read a wide range of people getting all sorts of battery life and mine seems to be average.

hopefully upgraded os releases will help battery life.

I've only had it for a week...wait and see i guess.
    11-21-10 06:59 PM
    Thanks,

I've done all the things to maximize battery life, but i'm hoping its just a matter of conditioning. I've read a wide range of people getting all sorts of battery life and mine seems to be average.

hopefully upgraded os releases will help battery life.

I've only had it for a week...wait and see i guess.
    I'm guessing you didn't read, or didnt understand my post. There is no "conditioning" a lithium ion battery. It stays the same through its life until its older and dying. Only thing you might notice is lithium batteries drain differently. Large drain in the beginning, then drains on a constant till the end.
    11-21-10 07:12 PM
    After using my Torch for about 2 weeks my average battery life per charge almost doubled. It was weird. I went from around 12 hours to 29 hours. Still wasn't enough for me so I just bought BatteryBooster from App World for $4.99 comes with SmartWifi and PowerControl. So far my battery has been lasting me about 2 and a half days and still with about 30%.

All the app ends up doing is helping adjust other things you can change yourself:
    - screen brightness
    - dim screen
    - etc.
    joeboxer13 likes this.
    11-21-10 07:16 PM
    I read your message, but as some ppl wrote, they noticed battery life improve after a few charges and a couple of weeks of use. Thats what I was referring to as 'conditioning'. Even though you say there is none, seems to be different results for different ppl.

I'm just hoping for better battery life =)
    11-21-10 07:32 PM
    If there is any noticeable or significant change in the lithium battery life on your phone then will be directly related to how the phone is setup and used. The battery is what it is, although they are not all created equally, this we know.
    If you where getting less than 1 day of use in the early days of ownership and are now getting 1.5-2 days, it is due to how the hardware and software are using it. Improved OS', running apps, modifying your settings, and your actual day to day use are the main factors which effect battery life.
    11-22-10 08:49 AM
    better batt life?

honest - load os .337 - you will be amazed at the difference
    11-22-10 10:33 AM
    I just love the beat your head against the wall over and over "battery is what it is" answer.

I must agree after using many of ion batterys they do seem to improve after the first few weeks.
    11-23-10 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD