I've searched around but haven't seen anyone posting about this that I can find.

It was happening on .448 and still happens on .546... Battery is going along fine and then suddenly dies and does the flashing/red alert thing. I do an alt-cap-del and it comes back on with about 1/3 battery life. Sometimes it'll stay but then other times it tanks again. It takes a charge back just fine but it's like it gets stuck at a certain low, then doesn't register on the meter until it's ready to die.

Any ideas?
    05-06-11 05:18 PM
    I've searched around but haven't seen anyone posting about this that I can find.

It was happening on .448 and still happens on .546... Battery is going along fine and then suddenly dies and does the flashing/red alert thing. I do an alt-cap-del and it comes back on with about 1/3 battery life. Sometimes it'll stay but then other times it tanks again. It takes a charge back just fine but it's like it gets stuck at a certain low, then doesn't register on the meter until it's ready to die.

Any ideas?
    sounds like it might be a faulty battery. I'm not sure the 1yr warranty covers batteries, but you could probablly get a replacement for cheap on eBay (buyer beware) or the CrackBerry store...
    05-06-11 06:26 PM
    Hmmm.... I got it as a refurb so out of warranty but not too bad if I do have to get one. You know, we have my husband's old torch (it had an unfortunate fall and we replaced it). Perhaps I'll take the battery from that one and see what happens.

And here I was thinking I was getting great battery life today until I just went south quick :-)
    05-06-11 06:36 PM
    Testing it with the other battey for a few days is a good idea...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 06:38 PM
    post your results, having this issue as well, running Rogers .448. Drops from 35% to 5%, and I plug it in it jumps right back to 35%. may be a battery issue, but maybe OS, anyone else resolve this issue yet?
    05-06-11 08:53 PM
    post your results, having this issue as well, running Rogers .448. Drops from 35% to 5%, and I plug it in it jumps right back to 35%. may be a battery issue, but maybe OS, anyone else resolve this issue yet?
    I'm on telus's .448 and do not have this issue. I reboot my device maybe one a week (if needed) and never leave apps running in the background. I am a heavy user, and top of my batter regularilary. I had it get as low as 1% last week as I was out of town and not near a power source(gradual drain, no big jumps), and didn't have any issues...

05-06-11 09:27 PM
    I'm on ATT and .450 and this has happened a few times. Not always but a few. Very strange

05-06-11 11:16 PM
    So far all is ok. Got down to 19% today before I charged it and nothing weird. I don't recall this happening on .246 (original with phone) but had it on 448 and 546. Maybe the battery really did go wonky. Will monitor over next week or so.
    05-08-11 07:13 PM
    I was having the same problem, then found that turning "compression" off fixes the problem.

options>device>storage> then uncheck compression

This speed up the device and prevents excessive clocking as well. I don't know why RIM has compression on these devices.
    05-09-11 08:45 AM
    compressing didnt help me
    08-20-14 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD