I charged my almost empty battery on my Torch 9800 overnight. Unplugged it at 7:00 am, by 11 am only 1/4 charge left and it had been sitting on my desk all morning unused! Same thing last 3 days in a row. What gives? I've had the phone a year. Do I need a new battery already?
    03-16-12 12:40 PM
    It could be a bad battery, or there is an app that is causing a problem. Have installed anything recently? Have you done a battery pull?
    03-16-12 04:15 PM
    I would agree with the post above. Make sure to check if you close the programs you aren't using, and that you may have some apps that could be doing this so check your apps. Also, it could be a faulty battery. Currently my Torch lasts from 7 am to 11 pm with still about 1/10 of the battery.

So if all else fails, a new battery won't hurt.
    03-17-12 06:51 AM
    My Torch was doing the same thing I purchased 2 batteries one after market and one genuine B/B go with genuine. After I installed the new battery good as new holds charge all day.
    03-17-12 10:51 PM
    Watch your apps within the options menu, and their CPU usage.
    From here you can tell which apps are bad, or using more cpu as needed.

This way i minimized the number off apps which would be running all the time. And from 1 day of battery, i got now 3 days battery time.
    03-23-12 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD