Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default battery drain

i've had this torch for almost 2 years, and recently, the battery is draining very quickly, i get like 6 hours of battery, with moderate to very little use, sometimes, when the battery is really low, i do a battery pull and then i get like 70% battery on the indicator, although after some minutes, it gets back to red, less than 5%, my first though is the battery, but i though it could be something else so i came here

P.D, i tried different OS but the same happens
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the same issue with my bold 9900. I took it to a computer/smartphone repair shop to get looked at. The guy took a look at the device and said it had sustained water/moisture damage resulting in a short on a circuit board of the phone. I hadn't dropped it in water, but could have come from rain/moisture exposure at some point. For me it was cheaper to buy a new BB on ebay than repair it.......
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi,

I had this similar issue around the 15 month mark.. Tried all kinds of things.. but I ended up buying a new legit OEM battery (not a fake or otherwise, battery) and that worked.. I suspect that some batteries last longer than others, and that how you use it, etc might also play into this.. but for me, the new battery-- about US$25.00 was the cure.. I keep the old one as a stop-gap for the new one, but largely the new one fixed all my battery issues.