Hey,

So recently my torch battery has been dying fast and draining teh battery at random times (especially with the camera). I photo witht ehfalsh off will bring it from 55% to 5% in one go. But when I plug it in it charges fast in less than a half hour

Does this sound like a battery problem or perhaps a problem witht he prongs/sensors misreading the battery? When it is flashing red it lasts hours (whereas before red meant dying very soon)

I really don't think it's the actual battery itself for the above reasons. Anyone else experience this or know the symptoms?
    06-29-11 10:38 AM
    Have you done a battery pull?
    06-29-11 10:45 AM
    ....also unselect data compression (options>device>storage>enable compression)
    06-29-11 01:28 PM
    You don't say what charger you are using- is it the stock charger? Using any other may provide too much current to the battery, causing it to charge and drain too quickly.
    06-29-11 03:28 PM
    Yeah, my phone charger at work is wicked fast (it's not the stock charger). I don't use it a lot since I try to top my phone off in the morning before I leave, but it can charge my BlackBerry super super fast.
    06-29-11 07:55 PM
    I have the same issue (again! http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ba...-tanks-612687/)

Just randomly started happening again. Will be at like 30% and then just drop to 10 and start flashing the low battery warning. I am very strict about closing apps vs running them in the background so I don't know what's up. 90% of the time I am using the stock charger via the wall or USB to charge and compression is off. I have done a reboot and doesn't seem to help
    06-30-11 02:18 PM
    same issue here. Maybe its the os? I am going to degrade my os to .448 supposedly it had better life I will post updates after testing.
    07-01-11 01:42 PM
    Are you guys still having this problem? Mine is. It's totally random, I've tried two batteries... can be fine for a few weeks and then do it several times / week. I haven't added apps, I don't run anything in the background. This is just ridiculous. I left the house to go to a client site today with a full battery. An hour later of sitting in the car it dropped to 8% and started blinking to shut it off. I didn't have my wall charger so I had no phone all day until I was back in the car.
    08-23-11 09:59 PM
    my battery drains overnight ...only overnight...i dont get it....during the day the battery its fine....
    08-24-11 08:31 PM
    Everytime I upgrade the OS my battery drains faster. I tried to roll back to .448 but it didn't fix the problem. I did a wipe and reinstalled the OS didn't help. My battery used to last two days, now won"t last 8 hours.I am not running any apps in the background either.
    08-27-11 12:38 PM
    There doesn't seem to be an answer to this yet. I've just started experiencing it myself. I recently upgrade the OS and after the battery issue, went back down. Still experiencing it. I'm thinking it may be a non-standard charger is the issue, but not sure. Does anyone have anything definitive to say on this yet?
    12-12-11 07:09 PM
    The meter for the battery sometime failed on our device, and I'm seeing that by using my Blackbattery app, because there is no way without plugging my phone that I can go down to 30, and back up to 35, and then back to 34,33,32,31 (I love log history), so it seem that the accuracy of the meter get better after a while (I'm not sure if it get reset when you power off your phone or when you upgrade your os).

when I upgraded to .666 os, I saw a drop from 40 to 10 like very quick (shown in my app) but that only happen once, after the next recharge everything work perfectly (so it could be that the accuracy number changed when you touch anything about your os)

it have to be some kind of accuracy number change because all blackberries doesn't have the same battery so it need some kind of value to be able to know how much % left on the battery (base on the mah remaining on the battery).

That's just my opinion, take it or ignore it ;p
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 12-13-11 at 10:46 AM.
    12-13-11 10:42 AM
    You don't say what charger you are using- is it the stock charger? Using any other may provide too much current to the battery, causing it to charge and drain too quickly.
    Sorry, but that's false and a misunderstanding of how chargers (particularly USB) work. USB comes with a standard specification, which provides a voltage spec, along with specs for how much current the device must be able to source. In a nutshell, the charging device supplies 5 volts to the device being charged. The amount of current being drawn is dependent on the device being charged, NOT on the charger. The only exception is, if the charger is unable to source enough current, in which case the voltage will drop below the 5v standard. If you've ever tried a charger and had the BB display a message about the connected device being insufficient to charge the battery, that's what the problem was. Its impossible for a charger to supply too MUCH current, as that's dependent again on the device being charged, not the charger.
    12-13-11 12:10 PM
    Which OS are you guys using at? Well I think if it is the .706 then try a battery pull or a clean install. If the problem still persist, maybe clean install without your 3rd app and load it 1 by 1? Can try to wipe the OS using bbsak first and load a fresh install os and just restore data from DM.

It might be a 3rd party software that is buggy or smth? I have been running .706 for a few days now, the battery is rock solid for me. Can last 1.5 to 2 days on average.
    12-13-11 12:21 PM
    ....also unselect data compression (options>device>storage>enable compression)
    What does this do? Does it conserve battery life?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-11 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD