I'm having a problem with my backlight NOT dimming. Several times a day, i use my BB and the backlight stays on. The only remedy seems to be pulling out the battery.

I have a new Torch, but had the same problem with my Bold after I upgraded to OS 6.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a problem with the OS, or the hardware?
    10-18-10 07:13 AM
    I have found this problem, and one where the screen lock doesn't dim screen for more than a few seconds, when there is an app like Google Maps or satnav running in the background
    10-18-10 07:18 AM
    Under Options, check your display settings.
    10-18-10 10:13 AM
    I've been using a BlackBerry for over 10 years, so I'm no newbie...

Backlight Timeout set to 30 seconds.

Thanks though.

M.
    10-19-10 05:36 AM
    My torch just started doing this today. Not sure why the backlight just stays on. The setting is for 20 seconds and it worked fine for the past few weeks I had the phone. Only thing I installed last night was "The Light (Flashlight)".
    11-28-10 10:12 AM
    I've had this problem once in awhile but only during or after using the Kindle app.

I assume it's because Kindle keeps the backlight on a lot longer than the default setting and it's not really made properly for the 9800 (no update yet...probably thinks I'm using a Storm).

Maybe you guys are using an app that is similar?
    11-28-10 10:23 AM
    It's Christmas time!!

Let it glow, leg it glow, let it glow!!!
    11-28-10 10:44 AM
    I uninstalled stoptilt and the flashlight app and it does dim now. I will have to install one at a time and see if that helps it.
    11-28-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD