Hello all,
    Since I have to return my beloved Torch for a new one, I was wondering if I back-up the Torch that I am returning on DM, can I restore the new one with the info I backed up on the old one?

I am returning my phone to an at&t store and I have a lot saved info on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 01:20 AM
    Restoring should work fine.
    08-22-10 02:04 AM
    Restoring should work fine.
    Thank you

08-22-10 02:12 AM
    Thank you

hey did it work?
    05-04-11 06:54 AM
    You didn't say so but I assume your carrier is AT&T. I exchanged my Torch and at the service center the tech moved my Memo data to the new phone as a service. When I got home I synched the Torch and the Memo data was duplicated; I had a double listing of 137 Memos. I couldn't figure out how to delete them all at once so had to sit and delete every other entry one at a time. How tedious! So, my suggestion is not to let them update data at the service center, Synch or download the backup when you get your new Torch home.
    05-04-11 08:38 AM
    Whenever you return a BB to the store its always a good idea to wipe the device and reload the current official OS(no one can look at your private stuff that way). Backup your data via DM, then use another program such as BBsak to backup the third party apps. When you get the new device home just install the third party app backup, then the data from DM. Same process some of us older BB users are used to when doing OS upgrades/downgrades.
    05-04-11 10:59 AM
    Your data (contacts, calendar, memo pad, etc) should restore just fine. I have done this between my two torches. You will need to reinstall apps and manually activate/transfer them to the new device but that's about it.
    05-04-11 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD