Hi All,

I have a problem with the back light on my BB torch, the screen back light works when the screen is closed, it also works when the screen is open up untill the last litle bit, IE i slide screen all the way up and its working untill the very last couple of mm, if i push the screen back down a couple of milimeters then it comes back on. It was working fine, i was sitting at home, sent a text, when the reply came i opened the screen and then the problem started,

I have all the right screwdrivers and have taken the phone apart but can not see what the problem is, the phone is not under warenty as i have taken apart in the past to replace the digitizer.

Does anyone know what could be causing this to hapen, it is still working ok even though the back light wont work when fully open.

Hope a nice kind person can advise on what to do?

And please do not go on about sending it back or calling tech support as they wont help me as i have taken it apart on more than one occastion

Regards

Tony
    07-22-11 02:14 AM
    Hi Tony, tough giving you any advice without actually looking at the phone but I'd say you might have to either adjust the strip that slides up and down or eventually replace it. That should fix it.
    07-22-11 04:51 AM
    Thanks mobibiz, How do I adjust the strip that slides , we are talking literally a couple of milimetres, the tiniest amount will sort the problem

Thanks for your help

Tony
    07-22-11 05:13 AM
    Dont suppose anyone else knows how to adjust the slider do they ?

Please :-)
    07-22-11 10:04 AM
    08-02-11 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD