Hey Crackberrians...lol...gotta techy question...I got a 9800...actually 2 and a 2nd Gen Storm...im currently doin a lil research on sum diff wireless providers....one of these providers has sum great plans...unltd stff, etc...says that the phone must be capable of AWS BAND(1700 Mhz/BandIV), ....Im not to clear on all the gibberrish they puttin out there but on my storm...its an international unlocked phone...in its options>mobile network...it has network technology>GSM/UMTS...1XEV...GLOBAL...as options...so am i safe to assume that this phone wud work on this AWS BAND? I read sumwher to look for this option....

My second question is this.....my 2 torch's...they r locked to a provider(ROGERS/CANADA) and i dont see anything remotely close to the tab in the STORM...in the network and connections tab>mobile networks...it has...mobile network: rogers
    network selection mode: automatic/manual
    and network mode: 3g & 2g...etc....
    no network technology...so does that mean...no can do....or if i get them unlocked...will the TORCH'S be capable of this AWS BAND thing?

gracias locos.....
    07-15-11 02:23 PM
    I'm assuming you're looking into the new carriers like Wind Mobile or Mobilicity. Their network frequencies are different than the "standard" frequencies used by Rogers, Telus, Bell, etc...

Long story short, the Torch is not compatible with AWS spectrum carriers (except for T-Mobile in the US, but that's because they have a 2G network). Similarly, the Storm is also not compatible with said carriers. The only phones that seem to work is the Pearl 9100, 9700, and any other BlackBerry that they sell.
    GottiJr likes this.
    07-15-11 03:27 PM
    Thanks Masahiro....that suks..soooo this aws thing...is it jus a matter of the operating system not being compatible...or a hardware overhal...is there any ways around this?
    I am trying sooo hard to get the **** away from rogers...i really luuv my torch and the storm...and i jus refuse to buy another berry thats a lower grade, to get away from rogers...lol..
    07-15-11 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD