Hey Folks, the Audiovox PPC-6600 is back in a new color!!
    Rim has really screwed themselves this time. How could they release this garbage when they are getting killing by iphone & andriod. Studies are showing blackberry users are switching to either apple or android, while apple & android users are staying with their devices for the most part.
    This is really sad, I really liked RIM but ever since they released the 9550 I have started loosing fate in them. Maybe one day they will learn, oh well time to switch for now.

08-04-10 03:51 PM
    Gotta appeal to those people who enjoy redundancy and want the touchscreen, keyboard, trackpad and small screen. I'm sure they would add a floppy disk drive in that thing if they could.
    08-04-10 03:55 PM
    nez sez: oh well time to switch for now.

OK. Buh Bye !!!!
    Last edited by laollis; 08-04-10 at 04:18 PM. Reason: who
    08-04-10 04:17 PM
    So anyone who releases a vertical slider will be crucified by you? Aside from the fact that they are both vertical sliders, there is no similarity.
    08-04-10 04:26 PM
    I posted about the similarities back when the slider rumors first started. And my PPC-6600 still works just fine. I've forgotten how long the battery lasted, but I know it wasn't a full day. I clearly remember that I always carried a spare battery and it was always on charge when in the car. Wonder if RIM has improved battery life on their new slider.

And the SD (not micro!) card fits in a slot on the outside near the power button on top.
    Last edited by stormbabe; 08-04-10 at 04:36 PM.
    08-04-10 04:33 PM
    I posted about the similarities back when the slider rumors first started. And my PPC-6600 still works just fine. I've forgotten how long the battery lasted, but I know it wasn't a full day. I clearly remember that I always carried a spare battery and it was always on charge when in the car. Wonder if RIM has improved battery life on their new slider.

And the SD (not micro!) card fits in a slot on the outside near the power button on top.
    according to rim and their presentation on the 3rd the battery life was somethin they put a lot of emphasis on...and to the other gentlemen who thinks this phone is anythin like the ppc it wasn't the phone that failed it was the OS...
    08-04-10 04:38 PM
    Correction to this post: with teh Audiovox being on Verizon, it is a better phone already.
    08-04-10 05:21 PM
    if they would throw WinMo 7 into one of those PPC 6600 I'd buy it! that phone was an awesome size! if someone would relaunch the PPC6600 with even BB 9800 specs the phone would be sweet, that screen size was a dream to work on!
    Keyboard sucked compared to the BB, but far better than the UTStarcom 6700 I had next, and WAY WAY better than the HTC 5800 that I moved to from the 6700.
    08-04-10 05:27 PM
    So anyone who releases a vertical slider will be crucified by you? Aside from the fact that they are both vertical sliders that look nearly identical, there is no similarity.
    10 char + +
    08-04-10 05:30 PM
    10 char + +
    You misquoted me to make a point that I think is absurd - they don't look "nearly identical" at all. They are simply the same form factor. Aside from that there are dozens of differences and only the most general of similarities.

The 9800 is way better looking.
    08-04-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD