I'm sorry that this is my first post on 'CrackBerry'. But, I have to post it.

My blackberry, has been working fine, no problems at all. Until, I dropped it in the bath. It was in the bath for no longer than a second, as my light speed reactions kicked in.

But, upon removing it from the bath. I dried it out, and it still didn't work... Next thing, I connected it to my PC, where it did show some signs of life! It came on for all of about 15 minutes. Then died. Then, after that, I would not load up. Sometimes, it would show up with the 'Blackberry screen with a loading bar' but, it would stop a short way into loading, and remain there.

Now, the white battery with the 'charging symbol' came on, and then it just turns into a battery with a 'Red X'. That stays there.

Is there anything I should do? Or, anything that would sort this problem out? I don't even know if there's anything left on the phone itself.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
    02-18-12 07:35 PM
    You should not have turned it on until it was FULLY dried. Typically, that takes 4 to 5 days.

Read through this thread for more information.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ht-way-318876/
    02-18-12 09:05 PM
    water is fatal, try out the method that switchbeach posted.
    otherwise your just SOL.
    02-18-12 09:24 PM
    When something like that happens dry it off as best as possible and remove the battery then put it in a bag of rice for a few days this will pull all the moisture out of the device it has never failed me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-18-12 09:34 PM
    same exact thing happen to me 3 days ago, and my device work fine now, at first it didn't work at all, I waited couple day, then it booted but the trackpad didn't work, now everything work fine. Seem that I was fast enough to react by removing the battery when it happen.
    02-18-12 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD