Hey guys I have a concern about my Torch and its usage of memory.

I know that holding the menu key will bring up the Processes/Applications that are currently running, and I know that the applications (Phone, BBM, Browser, Messages, and Home) will ALWAYS be running. But my concern is that I've installed some applications and they just don't seem to "close"

I always make sure to end an app by pressing the menu key and scrolling down to CLOSE, but with some certain apps (BuzzMe Basic and Medscape), they are always shown on the "Task Manager" even when I close those apps.

How can I really close these apps after I am finished using it so that it doesn't affect my memory or performance of my phone? Why is it still shown in the Processes Menu? Should I be at all concerned? Should I delete it? I greatly appreciate your input on this matter guys...
    10-17-10 12:15 PM
    Try doing a battery pull when they are running in the background, to get them to shut down. Then restart them and see if you can close them by using the menu > close method. They might just be apps that run in the background, and if they are, yes they are sucking your battery down.

I just researched the two apps, Buzzme has to be running all the time because, in theory, anyone can send you a message at anytime, so it is basically using push notification. it's constantly checking for messages sent to you

im not sure why Medscape would be constantly running though....
    10-17-10 01:58 PM
    @TorchFrank: thanks for your reply on the matter. I understand your point on BuzzMe and that it always has to be running. I'm just boggled at why the other app, Medscape, doesn't close. Ughh, I wouldn't want to always make a battery pull everytime I'm done using it. I guess I'll delete the app to save my precious battery. Once again, I appreciate your input. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 04:06 AM
    Not sure about Medscape app. Upgrade to OS .246 and there are other things to mitgate your battery usage such as decreasing your screen brightness down to 30% and disconnect WiFi if you are using it as well as Bluetooth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD