hello,
    i have torch 9800 with OS 6....666, i do not have data plan
    app world that came with this OS is 2.2..., it does not work with wi-fi,
    i need app world at least 3.1+ to work with wi-fi, but i can not upgrade my existing (2.2) app world over wi-fi,
    this seems to be a catch 22 beacause i don't have data...
    is there a way for me to upgrade existing 2.2 app world to 3.1 or better without data, so i can use it over wi-fi?
    ps
    i have another torch 9800 available, that has 4.0 app world.
    can i delete 2.2 from my phone and replace it somehow with 4.0 from the second torch?
    is there any way to upgrade app world without data?
    01-27-13 11:16 PM
    the anser to that is erm.... no you need data to download apps and for it to work otherwise it will not work
    01-28-13 10:56 AM
    Connect your phone to a computer with desktop software. Use browser to sign into blackberry world. Search for app world and install. I just did this to a a curve 8900 with OS5. Good luck.
    01-28-13 11:21 AM
    Connect your phone to a computer with desktop software. Use browser to sign into blackberry world. Search for app world and install. I just did this to a a curve 8900 with OS5. Good luck.
    do you have data plan?
    because i did exactly same thing using my pc and desktop mgr, when connected to BB world,
    message comes up that "my radio is off and needs to be on to continue".
    not sure if this message is due to lack of data, because all phone settings are on,
    provider, wi-fi, everything is on, there is nothing on the phone's settings that is off and i can turn it on...

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................

the anser to that is erm.... no you need data to download apps and for it to work otherwise it will not work
    not true...with app world 3.1 and up you don't need data, 3.1 and up work with wi-fi as well
    01-28-13 12:04 PM
    oh kewl i stand corrected
    01-28-13 12:10 PM