Hey everyone,

Most of us has been having trouble with our torches epsecially when most poeple has either bought it 3rd party at&t wont exchange it. Hopefully theres someone that works in an AT&T Store that can actually change the phone with no problems what so ever even if we have bought it 3rd party... Need the help! because Wirefly is being a real **** about getting a new Torch =[
    09-01-10 03:32 AM
    that's the inconvenience/ consequence of buying it from a 3rd party..
    whether it's Bestbuy... RadioShack.. Amazon or wirefly..
    just send the phone back to wirefly and ask them for another one if you have hardware problems..
    if it's a software related.. maybe the AT&T customer service can help you on the phone.

As for AT&T employees in the NY area.. i strongly suggest you drive to NJ instead.. the New York, New York area are the ones with the strange policy of selling the Torch with upgrades or new lines only..
    so imagine how helpful they WILL be if you bought it elsewhere.
    good luck!
    09-01-10 04:56 AM
    You bought it some place else and you think AT&T should just swap it out for you? Why?
    09-01-10 07:04 PM
    You bought it some place else and you think AT&T should just swap it out for you? Why?
    I was thinking the same thing. This is exactly why I would pay the extra money - I can walk in and walk out with a new device if I were to have issues.
    09-01-10 07:12 PM
    Its an At&T branded phone, should it matter where it was purchased?
    09-01-10 07:38 PM
    Its an At&T branded phone, should it matter where it was purchased?
    You wouldn't think so, but they (AT&T) tend to raise an eyebrow when it comes to 3rd party devices.
    09-01-10 07:40 PM
    Well these phones havnnt even been out for a month yet, nobody should be stuck trying to return something at this point.
    09-01-10 07:52 PM
    I am on my third Torch. AT&T purchased. I went back and in five minutes time I walked out with a brand new one. Thats the advantage of buying at AT&T.

I'm confused. Whats the issue with taking it back to who you bought it from?
    09-01-10 08:15 PM
    Well these phones havnnt even been out for a month yet, nobody should be stuck trying to return something at this point.
    Exactly. You return it where you purchased it.
    09-01-10 08:24 PM
    I am on my third Torch. AT&T purchased. I went back and in five minutes time I walked out with a brand new one. Thats the advantage of buying at AT&T.

I'm confused. Whats the issue with taking it back to who you bought it from?
    well if the OP bought it from amazon or wirefly for the $99 deal.. then he/she has to ship it there and wait for the replacement..
    09-02-10 12:41 AM
    The Torch is no different from any other phone. You buy directly from us, we take care of it. You by from an authorized reseller, it is uo to them to fix or replace it according to their policy. When buying from an authorized reseller, you actually have 2 contracts, one with them and one with us. Read every bit of the fine print on the front and back of the contract.

98% of all problems are the battery heating up as it burns in which is normal behavior or some software glitch that will be fixed with a security wipe or an OS wipe and reload. No real need to return most devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 09-02-10 at 12:52 AM.
    09-02-10 12:48 AM
    I USED to work for AT&T as a CSR. No way will ANY AT&T store take it back. Warranty service and/or returns and exchanges are ONLY for phones bought through at&t. They have pretty strict rules and everything about your account is documented... And I mean EVERYTHING.

If you show up to a store and you act like a complete **** to a rep, expect that to be in the notes on your account for every future rep (phone or in a store) to see. I saw it many times...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 03:33 AM
    well why do they have att branded phones if you cant do anything if they have a problem? including a smart phone...i think att should actually check themselves before sending them out to 3rd party stores...
    09-02-10 06:07 PM
    well why do they have att branded phones if you cant do anything if they have a problem? including a smart phone...i think att should actually check themselves before sending them out to 3rd party stores...
    i Believe we're getting back and forth with this issue.
    i know it's not acceptable for you that you have to undergo an inconvenience for buying from a 3rd party reseller..( who wants that?)
    but the AT&T branding is only for exclusivity with RIM.
    RIM still makes the phone, and quite frankly you need to address your issues with them..
    AT&T is the Carrier/ Service provider... RIM is the manufacturer.

this is why i chose to pay a higher price $149.00 than your $99 because i anticipate such problems in the future.
    another example is APPLE. if you have a problem with iphones you take it to an Apple store or ship it to them.. you can however ask for a replacement at AT&T stores if there's something wrong within the 30 days
    09-02-10 08:50 PM
    Totally true! i recieved my Exchanged Device i have no flaws with this one but im hoping they return the down payment ASAP for the exchange =[
    09-03-10 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD