Hey, I was looking online for a micro torx set, as we all know the Torch screws go as little as T1, but i found this set on ebay if anyone is interested

COMPLETE TORX 12 IN 1 MICRO PRECISION COMPUTER DRIVER on eBay.ca (item 150552100540 end time 28-Jan-11 07:14:24 EST)
    01-22-11 09:40 AM
    Shop Kobalt 8-in-1 Precision Torx Head Screwdriver at Lowes.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 10:05 AM
    That kobalt is a piece of junk or atleast the one I bought was haha the little bits kept falling out of the screw driver handle

01-22-11 10:08 AM
    I've had mine for 4 years and use it quite a lot. Excellent product IMO but it is seems you got a bad one.

01-22-11 10:16 AM
    Shop Kobalt 8-in-1 Precision Torx Head Screwdriver at Lowes.com

Good find, but i can't see anywhere where it lists the sizes, alot of retail stores only carry t3 and up. i would drive there right now if i knew it had the t1-t2-t3 bits
    01-22-11 10:20 AM
    That kobalt is a piece of junk or atleast the one I bought was haha the little bits kept falling out of the screw driver handle

Aren't Kobalt tools warrantied for life?
    01-22-11 10:29 AM
    I need a micro Torx set. Does anybody know if that set on ebay is made in china? I'm worried about the quality, and when using a T1, you want it to be made from hardened steel or something that will not strip the head.
    01-22-11 11:15 AM
    I need a micro Torx set. Does anybody know if that set on ebay is made in china? I'm worried about the quality, and when using a T1, you want it to be made from hardened steel or something that will not strip the head.
    I don't know about the quality but a t1 is hard to find, I just went to Lowes to check out that set and it starts at t4, when I receive the set I originally posted, I'll let everyone know how good the quality is..

01-22-11 11:23 AM
    I don't know about the quality but a t1 is hard to find, I just went to Lowes to check out that set and it starts at t4, when I receive the set I originally posted, I'll let everyone know how good the quality is..

Agreed. I think I will order it tonight as well. I asked the seller about the quality and this is what he responded with:

Dear cadillaxx,

Not to worry, I've sold thousands of this item in the past five years and nobody has let me know of problems with the quality. They are made in Taiwan for an US company in New York, the leading manufacturer of bits in the country. Buy with confidence and my personal guarantee that you will be satisfied. Thanks for your interest.

- dealmaster
    01-22-11 12:16 PM
    Thanks Cadillax, if u get yours first let me know your opinion of the quality..

01-22-11 01:21 PM
    Aren't Kobalt tools warrantied for life?
    Beats me.. I never looked at the warranty and have no idea where it is now.. It looked nice and I only paid like 8 bucks for it so.. I wasn't to worried about it. I went to home depot and bought a Husky and yes it has the T1 T2 and T3 in the set op its also only 6 bucks =) I guess I should have mentioned that earlier

01-22-11 05:04 PM
    Bought mine at Harbor freight, had every size from t1 to t10 and every other size of philips and slotted heads. Was only 5.95$ USD and the packaging said it was for repair of electronics.
    01-22-11 05:11 PM
    I just bought that from ebay.com, we'll see how good they are when they arrive, for $10 its not like i'll be losing much if i break them :'] even though for cell phones i dont need to apply too much force anyways.
    01-22-11 06:44 PM
    Thanks Cadillax, if u get yours first let me know your opinion of the quality..

Will do! Ordering as I type this.
    01-22-11 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD