My social feed does not show FB nor Twitter and I can't seem to add them? I have both FB and Twitter running on my phone but it is not integrated into social feed and it is not available as a drop-down item either... I did device switch and both FB and Twitter disappeared so I had to download FB and Twitter apps manually onto the 9800.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!
    08-12-10 11:58 PM
    Go into Social feed in the menu. Once in social feeds click the menu button with scroll down to options.Then click display and walla just check facebook and twitter and you should be good to go.
    08-13-10 12:06 AM
    ok, i just tried this and neither facebook nor twitter are listed under my "integrated applications". i only have AIM, bbm, google talk, myspace, windows live msngr, and yahoo messenger?? grrrrrrr.
    08-13-10 12:11 AM
    hmmm thats pretty weird they were native apps on my device when i bought them. Ummm are they at least on your phone maybe you should reinstall them. Also you could maybe try and update your social feed which you can find in the same place as aim and all that stuff is for you to check and uncheck.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 08-13-10 at 12:24 AM.
    08-13-10 12:13 AM
    yeah they WERE on my torch until i did a device switch, then they disappeared, then i reinstalled but now they are not integrated into social feed. i would think this has happened to a lot of users who did a device switch with the fb and twitter apps on their old devices.
    08-13-10 12:29 AM
    Yeah ive been seeing alot of people losing facebook and twitter app after doing a device switch, I think the cure was to go to ATT's site and download the 6.0 firmware and doing a fresh restore. I for one didn't use the device switch and the second I logged into the facebook and twitter app it automatically went into social feeds.
    08-13-10 12:32 AM
    This is my first time hearing about it, but going to the att site a redownloading the firmware makes a lot of sense

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 12:36 AM
    This is my first time hearing about it, but going to the att site a redownloading the firmware makes a lot of sense

yeah I saw a couple threads on it actually
    08-13-10 12:41 AM
    so if i go and download the firmware will i lose all my other settings? ie ringtone/profile settings, email set-up, apps, etc? oh and calendar, contacts, etc?
    08-13-10 01:19 AM
    so if i go and download the firmware will i lose all my other settings? ie ringtone/profile settings, email set-up, apps, etc? oh and calendar, contacts, etc?
    yes I unless you have your contacts saved to your sim... Its a fresh install, and don't use device switch or it'll probably be the same story
    08-13-10 01:48 AM
    Do not uninstall the native social feed applications (AIM, Google Talk, Facebook, Twitter, etc...) You will not be able to reinstall them and have them integrate. Please let me know if you do find a way to reintegrate them besides reinstalling the OS.

Thank you.
    08-13-10 02:02 PM
    the issue is that the torch ships with version 1.8 of facebook (didn't check twitter as i don't use it) when you do a restore or device switch it tries to use 1.7x (the current released version). This will either flack out or work, if it flakes you end up downloading the newest version. Either Way result is you end up with version 1.7 which does not have the social feed integration.

i found doing secure wipe or full reset with original firmware will restore the 1.8 version, and from there it better to restore data selectivly from backup than to do a device switch. With so much new stuff the device switch caused alot of issues on my new torch.
    08-16-10 04:15 PM
    WoW that's good to know

08-16-10 04:39 PM
    Yeah I wound up with the same issue, and did the same as wildo69 - reinstalled OS then did a very select restore - just contacts, browser bookmarks, autotext, etc. That solved the problem but is a PITA!
    08-16-10 05:45 PM
    Starting to get very frustrated with this. I have facebook 1.7 and App World 1.1.0.23 (or something like that) on my Torch (after doing a device switch and losing both and finding the wrong versions online). I've uninstalled them and reinstalled the OS and when it comes up in loader, it says Facebook 1.8 and App world 2.0 are there, the box next to them is checked and the action is "none". I can't install them from the fresh OS install. I tried to upgrade to 6.0.0.161 and get the same result. I then downgraded and same result. I can't find a way to get 1.8 and 2.0 on. Each OS installation only lets me install 1.7 and 1.1.0.23. I've searched my registry for facebook and app world and have deleted all entries.

I did a secure wipe and reinstalled each OS and I get the same result. There seems to be no way to tell desktop manager to let me load facebook 1.8 and app world 2.0. When I look at desktop manager after installing 6.0.0.161 or reinstalling 6.0.0.141 it lists App World and Facebook but says they're 0 bytes in size and doesn't give a + or x option on the right hand side.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?
    08-16-10 09:40 PM
    Okay, I did a full wipe with JL_Cmder and am reloading 6.0.0.141. will update in 10 minute...
    08-16-10 11:39 PM
    not a smooth transition. in fact i was ready to throw something. Rebooted the phone after the wipe and the 6.0.0.141 installation. Started up DM and it listed, once again, facebook 1.7 and app world 1.1.0.23 as the only options to install.

I shut down DM and loaded loader.exe. In the list of apps I got the same thing as options (this time, though, it didn't give me the other versions with "none" as the only possible action - they weren't listed at all).

I highlighted each of the two troublesome apps and hit the delete button on the top of the loader screen. after i did that, halelujah, mazel tov, woohoo, the updated versions of the apps appeared in the list. When I checked them it said they'd be installed - and they were.

finally I'm where I should be. Now to restore everything.
    08-16-10 11:57 PM
    after upgrade to 1.9 my facebook is not integrated anymore in social feeds. after deleting and reinstalling the application several times, finally it is back to my social feeds. Weird
    11-11-10 11:25 AM
    Yes. I installed .20 using a link I found in BetaZone on this very issue. I originally installed .20 from a link found on page 2 of the 6! 1.9 thread.... Installed one version over the other and rebooted when prompted. SF worked after that.

11-12-10 07:31 AM
    Anyone know how to restore all my feeds in social feeds?
    12-13-10 03:15 PM
    yeah they WERE on my torch until i did a device switch, then they disappeared, then i reinstalled but now they are not integrated into social feed. i would think this has happened to a lot of users who did a device switch with the fb and twitter apps on their old devices.
    Yep. I'm facing the same dilemma, including my Linkedin app. I have FB, Twitter & Linkedin all as separate apps without the option of adding any of them to my social feeds.

12-13-10 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD