I can tell you for certain now that some torches are being shipped with better batteries than others. I got my new torch yesterday and was thrilled that not only was there less "wiggle" than the one I replaced, but also like my first torch, the new one had absolutely non of the problems I have been reading about here. Then today it began! The battery was going down at a very fast rate and I thought that I was in trouble. It was almost dead by noon!! Luckily I didn't send the old one back yet so I switched the batteries and YES. Its perfect now. Obviously the battery was defective so before driving yourself crazy if your battery life seems short, try a new battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 05:13 PM
    ^ another advantage of having a removable battery.

10-22-10 05:15 PM
    I'm waiting for Seidio to develop their extended batteries.

10-22-10 06:04 PM
    Any idea friends as to what should the life of the battery be. I understand that it will depend on apps runnin, but my battery gets drained in 6-8 hrs without major drainers such as camera, gps etc., yes I use e-mail and others in an above average fashion.
    11-10-11 01:01 AM
    But maybe your torch is busy doing something else. Check the options, phone, apps for any apps taking up some CPU time.
    For this i found 2 apps on which they did to much work for my opinion. So i deleted these and now a have a battery life of at least 2 full days. Instead of 1 full day before.

Also if you have BIS setup, and there is connection problem with BIS, the phone is using far more battery. On the general server failure of RIM a view weeks ago, i could only last 1 day on a battery.
    11-11-11 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD