Any new news regarding a Sirius/XM app for Torch????
    02-22-11 09:22 PM
    nooooooooo.
    02-23-11 12:09 AM
    I think the issue is OS 6 cuz the app doesn't work for my 9780. Installed the 9700 version but can't get past credential screen. Not trying to threadjack just another dissapointed Sirius subscriber looking for a solution

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 01:00 AM
    I hope that you're right about it being an OS6 issue, rather than a Torch issue. Sirius/XM is more likely to do something about the problem if everyone who upgrades their OS has a problem with the service than if the problem is just isolated to Torch users.
    02-24-11 01:26 PM
    I could never get it to run on my 9000 running OS5 either.
    02-24-11 01:40 PM
    If they haven't got it working on OS6 yet, they must not be trying very hard. I'm not surprised that satellite radio adoption never met expectations, the way these companies are run.
    02-24-11 08:55 PM
    howard mentioned on today's show that he was hearing that the sirius app was not compatible with the blackberry torch. i sent him a tweet about this very fact last week. he was a little perplexed that such a popular blackberry like the torch wasn't compatible with the sirius app... or the other way around. he then wondered why he was pushing an app that wasn't compatible with all devices.

howard is not the most tech savy. but still neat to hear him mention the torch and this very issue. hopefully this will be the flame that needs to be lit under the sirius execs asses to get the app OS6 compatible already!
    02-24-11 09:22 PM
    This was the response I got from Sirius this week when I asked about an app for the Torch.

02/22/2011 04:17 AM
    Dear Ms. Abner,

Thank you for being a loyal SIRIUS XM customer and taking the time to contact Listener Care. We are glad you have taken this time to contact us for more information.

Unfortunately, the Blackberry Torch is on a different operating system that is not compatible with our SIRIUS|XM app.

We apologize for any disappointment this may cause and encourage you to check our websites for updates:
    02-24-11 09:56 PM
    @habner: Wow, when did those guys catch a wake-up call?
    02-24-11 11:24 PM
    I've emailed Sirius support for two weeks now and have gotten a similar response, but the last one had this added to the end.....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We are forwarding your comments and suggestions regarding the application for BlackBerry Torch to the appropriate department. Please visit our website regularly for any updates.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. You can also manage your account online 24/7, by clicking here https://xxxxxxxxx.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you,

Anne
    SiriusXM Email Listener Care Team
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps with a little more pressure (from Howard?) they will get an app soon.
    02-25-11 12:44 AM
    How hard can it be? Pandora, Slacker, and even Rhapsody all have apps that work on the Torch.

signed,

another frustrated Sirius subscriber
    02-25-11 05:31 AM
    This is very frustrating to me as well, I have decided to email Siris/xm on a daily basis, not sure what else can be done! Support the torch already!!!!!!!
    02-25-11 10:12 AM
    This is very frustrating to me as well, I have decided to email Siris/xm on a daily basis, not sure what else can be done! Support the torch already!!!!!!!
    I'm in!!! I will email Sirius everyday until I (we) can get Sirius on the Torch!
    02-25-11 11:36 AM
    what kinda hacks/noobs has sirius/xm hired to develop their apps?

pikers.
    02-26-11 09:49 AM
    Add me to the list of people that want Sirius for the Torch!

I'm going to email them too. They'll have to respond if people keep emailing them all day.

02-27-11 10:35 AM
    I emailed them on Friday. here is their response:

Recently you requested personal assistance from SIRIUS XM.

Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Subject
    No App for Blackberry Torch 9800

Discussion Thread
    Response (SiriusXM Customer Care) 03/01/2011 06:13 AM
    Dear Valued Subscriber,

Thank you for contacting SIRIUSXM. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Unfortunately, the Blackberry Torch is on a different operating system that is not compatible with our SIRIUS|XM app.

Curve 9300 and Torch 9800 application for this version of Blackberry is not yet available; hence, compatibility issues may still arise from using this new application for Blackberry Phones.

At XM, we regularly evaluate our service and make changes based on our subscriber feedback and e-mail as a part of our decision making process so your e-mail is much appreciated. Although no updates are provided yet, we have forwarded these concerns to the appropriate department and would notify all of our subscribers once these are made available.

We hope you are enjoying XM�s 100% commercial-free music and entertainment programming. We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. You can also manage your account Online 24/7, by clicking here $xm_account_webst.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to send an additional email or you may contact a Listener Care Representative directly at 1-800-XM RADIO (800-967-2349).
    03-01-11 05:59 AM
    It seems to me that the more emails/phone calls offering suggestions or making complaints, the faster Sirius/XM will have a working app for the Torch (or all 6.0 devices)
    03-01-11 09:42 AM
    i just sent an email and cc'd the stern show. (lol)

i'll post the response from them...
    03-01-11 08:43 PM
    I too emailed Sirius wanting the Torch app but just so everyone knows, it's not the 6.0 OS because I have been running 6.0 on my 9700 ( and tested a number of versions ) and ever since Howard went the app I've had it and it runs fine. The Sirius app doesn't work on my 9780 just as posted earlier. The big thing the Torch has going for it now is the fact that its the flag ship device in the BlackBerry category and RIM will sell lots more of them yet. Hurry up and wait I guess. Check out Faction Sirius 28 / XM 52 for The Jason Ellis Show ( 3:00 pm Eastern ).
    03-03-11 05:06 PM
    after receiving a "canned" response from them for my initial email, then replying to them with a "how dare you" email, i received the following:

Thank you for contacting SIRIUSXM. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are more than willing to assist you. Unfortunately, the Blackberry Torch is on a different operating system that is not compatible with our SIRIUS|XM app.

All of our customers are appreciated and each subscriber plays an active role in the growth of SiriusXM. This issue will be forwarded to the relevant department and your concerns will be investigated. This will, hopefully, further enhance the service which we provide.

We hope you are enjoying SiriusXM's 100% commercial-free music and entertainment programming. We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

And you can always manage your account online 24/7 by clicking Home - SiriusXM Radio
    Last edited by mataleao; 03-07-11 at 12:03 AM.
    03-07-11 12:00 AM
    I gave up on Sirius after they decided that Canadians need to pay for any use of their app. I will not subscribe to them in my car either because of that.
    03-07-11 12:27 AM
    Same here. Have to listen on sirius xm on my iphone 4 which basically is another point pulling me away to make my torch my primary phone.

03-08-11 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD