Well, I somehow managed to get my hands on a torch for free, so I'm giving it a try. The only thing is I traded my little sister my 9700 for it because i wanted something new. Are there any things I should watch out for with this phone? Like basically, are there any well known problems that people have with them both software and hardware? Just trying to build my torch knowledge since before today I didnt know crap about them.
    01-12-11 03:34 PM
    Just type what you want to find out in the search window here on Chrackberry. You'll find more than enough answers for all your questions.
    01-12-11 03:38 PM
    Not everyone experiences the same issues, whether hardware- or software-related.
    Best bet is to stroll through the 9800 Themes Forum and read any threads whose titles' catch your eye.

A couple known and fairly prevalent bugs:

1. no 3rd party app can be launched via the Menu within the Browser, such as QuickLaunch, various tilt-lock apps, screenshot apps, etc. They still work if launching via the Convenience Key.

2. so-called SMS bug where you'll start in the middle of longer text chats, and B for Bottom and R for Reply don't work, forcing you scroll down

3. Camera bug, where you cannot actually click a picture until you reboot Torch. Learned of fix yesterday from 2 other members: media card must re-formatted for either new one that comes with device or even media card used in a previous BB. For latter, you'd have to nack up media card to PC, re-format, restore content from PC.
    01-12-11 04:21 PM
    ah see. I knew this would be benificial for me. I just started noticing that problem in the sms window. Its kind of annoying. Im updated to the most recent .337 now, does that os fix it?
    01-12-11 07:07 PM
    No, still present in 337, I believe. (I actually don't text much!)
    01-12-11 07:35 PM
    [QUOTE=elite1;5947758]1. no 3rd party app can be launched via the Menu within the Browser, such as QuickLaunch, various tilt-lock apps, screenshot apps, etc. They still work if launching via the Convenience Key.[QUOTE,]
    What's this, what apps can you launch from the browser menu? I haven't seen any apps in the browser menu. Why would I want to launch an app from the browser in the 1st place?
    The biggest bug I can find with the Torch isthat history isn't deleted from the universal search w/ out a softreset or battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 07:52 PM
    What's this, what apps can you launch from the browser menu? I haven't seen any apps in the browser menu. Why would I want to launch an app from the browser in the 1st place?
    There are numerous 3rd party apps that place a global menu item on your device, some by default and some optionally. Examples would QuickLaunch, carious screenshot apps, various tilt lock apps, Fancy Characters, various Twitter clients, etc.
    No need to come off sounding ignorant.

The biggest bug I can find with the Torch isthat history isn't deleted from the universal search w/ out a softreset or battery pull.
    Can you explain this please? I've never noticed a history for Universal Search. Where do you find that?
    01-13-11 12:44 PM
    There are numerous 3rd party apps that place a global menu item on your device, some by default and some optionally. Examples would QuickLaunch, carious screenshot apps, various tilt lock apps, Fancy Characters, various Twitter clients, etc.
    No need to come off sounding ignorant.

Can you explain this please? I've never noticed a history for Universal Search. Where do you find that?
    I was ignorant. I didn't have a clue what you was talking about. Do you know what ignorant means?

Aight delete your browswer history however you normally do. From the home screen start a search with a letter. You'll a nice folder name browser history. Inside that folder is the history you tought was deleted. Only way to clear that is a battery pull or soft reset. I could post a screen shot but I think you'll figure it out. It if donbt then I'll post a screenshot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD