What do you think. Is RIM going to release the slider at WES 2010?
    04-26-10 04:28 PM
    WES would be the perfect time to announce the Slider!! Heck Im waiting for it and hope that the "grapevine" isnt to far off the reality. But to have the touchscreen, the keyboard, OS6, WIFI....!!!

"crosses fingers"

Hey Crackberry guys there, can you ask the question while your there?!!

Thanks!!!
    04-26-10 05:03 PM
    BlackBerry 6 coming in third quarter of this year -- Engadget

Not the slider, but the OS which the slider will operate upon. No doubt with the release of OS 6.0, a number of devices will also be made available, and considering the 9800 is already listed on the blackberry config site along with an OS 6 mention, I think we're close ;-)
    04-26-10 06:36 PM
    Doubt it. The phones they just announced will probably be delayed until September, too.
    04-26-10 07:41 PM
    They would've by now. This phone still has a long time before it gets released.
    04-26-10 10:37 PM
    Well, I don't know why we were expecting the 9800 to debut at WES, which (other than the usual enterprise stuff) seems to be all about OS 6.0.

Come to think of it, the 9700 was not announced at WES last year. Kevin got a hold of a preproduction model about a month after WES, at a time when nobody knew whether it was even GSM or CDMA, and it wasn't even announced officially until October of last year (about a month after an "official" pic leaked) and went on sale a month later.

So I still think it's probable we will see the slider this year. They can't just have 6.0 running on the 9650 and the 9100, particularly since the 6.0 video they showed at WES was very touchscreen-centric.
    04-27-10 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD