My Torch 9800 went to the white screen of death last night with App Error 200. Came out of nowhere. I haven't added or updated any apps in weeks if not months. I followed the BB 101 instructions to reload the operating system but the program shows repeated "cannot reconnect to device" error messages when partway through the procedure. I've tried:

Moving to another USB port
    checking and unchecking the power management "turn device off" setting for USB root hub (as per dialog box instructions)
    disconnecting and reconnecting the USB connector
    leaving it and walking away for a while
    putting the battery in as per the video, and leaving it out.

Is this the end for this device? Is a new Z10 in my immediate future? Please help.
    03-16-14 10:49 AM
    You know when you title your thread 'Another Nuked BB...etc', alot around here are going to assume you are trolling, but i will give the benefit of the doubt here and try to help. (Though a Z10 would be leaps and bounds above the 9800 speaking from personal experience, though I do miss the slide out keyboard)

So for any proper diagnoses we would need to know exactly what happens now when you try to reboot the phone. The initial error that started the whole problem isn't always the best way to diagnose as it just indicates what the problem was that initially started it.

What program is it giving the Cannot Connect error?
    03-16-14 11:17 AM
    You know when you title your thread 'Another Nuked BB...etc', alot around here are going to assume you are trolling, but i will give the benefit of the doubt here and try to help. (Though a Z10 would be leaps and bounds above the 9800 speaking from personal experience, though I do miss the slide out keyboard)
    The "nuked" term isn't mine and I don't particularly like it, but that seems to be the common term for a phone that's stuck in a reboot loop and cannot be rescued with desktop manager. So forgive me for that; I don't hang out here. I only come when I have a problem, and thankfully that's not very often. And I do appreciate anyone who spends some of his or her time trying to help.

So for any proper diagnoses we would need to know exactly what happens now when you try to reboot the phone. The initial error that started the whole problem isn't always the best way to diagnose as it just indicates what the problem was that initially started it.
    Well, now when I try to boot the phone, it gets partway through the process and halts with a white screen error 507 - Reload Software. I assume this is because when I tried to reload the operating system from the app loader as per the directions at How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com, it gets partway through the process and then fails to reconnect during the multi step loading process.

I've tried this multiple times and it always ends the same "cannot reconnect" error.

What program is it giving the Cannot Connect error?
    AppLoader. Evidently it has to disconnect and reconnect multiple times during the process, and it fails to reconnect. I'm afraid this is all I can tell from the error messages I get. Hope this helps.
    03-16-14 12:06 PM
    It's a long shot, but have you tried a different usb cable?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:19 PM
    I've thrown in the towel on it and ordered a new Z10.

The Torch was a good phone for 3 years; I had very little trouble with it. My wife's identical Torch was a different story, she's been nagging for a new phone for months. She's getting a Q10.

I'll try a couple more times to save this one in case the z10 doesn't work out or fails before the contract term ends.
    Last edited by Wayne Simpson; 03-17-14 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Confusion
    03-17-14 07:06 PM
    Well, there's an interesting post script to this story. My phone "bricked" (is that a better term?) on the evening of 3/15. On 3/17 a charge was posted to my credit card account, reportedly from AT&T Customer Care. My service provider is AT&T, but I never called them about my out of warranty BlackBerry; I was handling it like a hardware problem in the phone.

Anyway, there was a number associated with that charge. Turns out to be a legit AT&T Customer Care number, but it's also associated with a number of phone scams including some that hack into your mobile phone's SIM card, rendering it unusable, after which they run up your bill.

Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not...
    05-16-14 02:08 PM