Hey everyone!

So far my torch works Great! i have no complaints, it wobbles just a little but i guess thats from using the keypad way to much lol, and for the charger port if i push up it slips out a little bit ive exchanged my torch once because i thought the old one had problems, but far as i know now it wobbles due to excessive use of the keyboard. all of them do im guessing. I remember having my HTC Wizard an it used to wobble too due to sliding it up an down.

But for all my people who do have a working blackberry tell me if your screen is firm or or it wobbles just a bit...

Let me know
    08-25-10 12:36 AM

it wobbles just a little but i guess thats from using the keypad way to much lol,
    Your thumbs should have worn out before the keypad, given that the phone has only been out for a couple of weeks.
    I personally would be concerned if I had a wobble on a phone thats supposed to last for a year +. I remember watching a documnetariy or soemthing on Nokia, and they have robots mashing all the buttons and dropping the phones for like a month straight to test durability. I would hope RIM does the same.

These things are designed with business on the mind right? That means 8-ish hours a day of use... (10-12+ more if you're like my brother).

IMO, I'd be a bit worried about your wobble... but I cant see/feel your phone so I dont know how bad it is...But yea, for someone considering this phone, like me, all these negativity is kind of a downer... but then again this phone was very overhyped (triple axle?) and had super high expectations.
    08-25-10 12:57 AM
    your right, And froma business perspective I travel alot and even my bold 9000 hasnt has ANY issues, and its been used and WATER DAMAGED. only thing was the trackball replacement, it wasnt a pain but damn well it did the job! lol ill head over to ATT in the morning play around with the device an see if it has a little wobble like mind if not im def returning it an getting a new device, hopefully thisone doesnt come with any flaws...

P.S. - shouldve definitely put the liquid lens if they wanted it to be ground breaking smh
    08-25-10 01:05 AM
    No problems here I love my TORCH
    08-25-10 01:20 AM
    I am happy with my Torch. There are a few minor software bugs (which you expect with a OS upgrade), but they are minor and I have confidence they will be fixed shortly.
    08-25-10 05:51 AM
    Bought mine on launch day, first one for the store. No problems here, solid Torch. No wobble/wiggle, charges via wall/computer/car, no tin sound or echo, no problems conecting to web/work e-mail; hasn't hanged so no need of battery pull. I have had two several day business trips since purchase with no problems on the road. The only real "problems"at this time is the application world has to get cranking and my endless search for a longer charging cord.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-25-10 06:08 AM
    Bought mine on launch day. No issues so far.
    08-25-10 06:13 AM
    Bought mine on launch day. No issues so far.
    Same here. No issues worth reporting.

08-25-10 06:20 AM
    I've had mine for just over a week and haven't had a single problem with it. Far & away the nicest blackberry out there.
    08-25-10 06:24 AM
    I haven't had any of the issues going around in this forum. I love my Torch and its working great!

08-25-10 06:39 AM
    Absolutely no issues whatsoever! Love the phone!!!!
    08-25-10 06:54 AM
    Now that I got the browser set up correctly, I am loving the Torch. Brought it home yesterday!
    08-25-10 06:57 AM
    Mine works fine, tiny wobble but no more that my Pre, MDA or mytouch slide. I expect it from a slider.
    08-25-10 07:04 AM
    No problems here, had 9800 since day one (aug 12).... Love it!!!!

08-25-10 08:05 AM
    I am sometimes overwhelmingly happy with my Torch, sometimes just happy and then, sometimes not so happy..... In general I love the phone. I love the large screen, the touchscreen, and the OS6 and the BB in general. Having left a Berry for an iPhone and now coming back to a Berry I am excited and happy with the many different options and selections a Berry offers. I dont really care about the slider at all. I wish there was a way RIM could combine the larger screen, touchscreen and a physical QWERTY keyboard into one phone without making it a slider. I often have a "wobbly" feel when typing on screen, mostly around the bottom, on or about the home keys. You can just feel the gap between the sliding components when pressing down. That, for some reason, bothers me. I know it should be expected but still, I dont like it. All that being said, and as mentioned, having came back to a Berry, I missed the realease of the Bold 9700. Aside from the larger screen and a touchscreen I feel like the Bold is exactly what I want. I typically use, and like, the physical keyboard, so I think I'd enjoy the Bold much better. That being said, I still have about 2 1/2 weeks left in my 30 day purchase. So, although so far I am enjoying the Torch for the most part, I think I'm going to go in this weekend and play around with a Bold 9700 and see what I think. Anyone out there used the 9700 and now switched to the 9800 and have any pitch to add here? What do you think? If I had a Bold 9700 with OS6 how well would it compare to the Torch....? All opinions appreciated.
    08-25-10 08:36 AM
    No problems here...torch working just fine! I hope this remains true...
    08-25-10 08:58 AM
    No problems here, Torch works gr8,!!!

08-25-10 09:25 AM
    ...and my endless search for a longer charging cord.
    Go to monoprice.com, you can get micro usb cables up to 15 ft. long.

And no problems here, fast and smooth, no lag whatsoever, no tinny phone calls.
    08-25-10 09:30 AM
    Lag? What lag?
    Wiggle? What wiggle?
    Bugs? What bug?
    Android? What android?
    Iphone? I have an Ipod touch already, thanks.

This has been the single best release for a RIM for me and I have gotten the last four newest RIM products in succession. Got it Friday, just got back from the first business trip (heavy, heavy usage) and it passed with flying colors.
    08-25-10 09:38 AM
    No problems here and nothing but good things to say about the Torch.
    08-25-10 10:32 AM
    100% positive for me. The one thing I thought was a minor problem - slight lag when sliding from screen to screen - is apparently intentional, and if I touch the right/left side of the banner instead it changes instantly with no lag. So it was a learning curve issue. :-) I'm very happy!! (Came from a 9700, which I still love, but loving the 9800 more)
    08-25-10 10:57 AM
    Another satisfied user here. No problems and the phone is just terrific. I'm actually getting half-decent with the on-screen keyboard in landscape mode. Can't use it in portrait at all but that is when I use the physical keyboard anyway.

RIM hit this one out of the park!
    08-25-10 10:57 AM
    But for all my people who do have a working blackberry tell me if your screen is firm or or it wobbles just a bit...

Let me know
    I don't recall the wobble on my first Torch being noticeable but I replaced that after a week. This fourth one is very wobbly and I'm returning it today to hopefully find one that won't lose the ability to send/receive data without a master reset (again) with less wobble. About 50% of the ones I've seen in stores wobble more than I would expect from a brand new phone.
    08-25-10 11:05 AM
    Go to monoprice.com, you can get micro usb cables up to 15 ft. Long.
    Thanks!

08-25-10 11:08 AM
    Got my torch a week ago and I absolutley love this phone. No hardware issues, no wobble etc. Love the large screen compaired to the 9000. I find myself using the the physical vs the touchscreen key board, I am getting better with the touchscreen. What I like most of all is I don't have to worry about low memory! I have a ton of apps installed (all I did not have room for on my 9000) and I have 291 mb of app memory left, thats sick! By the end of the day with my 9000 I would be down to 10 mb! No more constant battery pulls and checking the memory! I love this phone!
    08-25-10 11:16 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD