I downloaded that new stupid font app and relized it sucked so I deleted it and now all of my text is distorted like the "font smoothing" isnt active (not that there is an option for that anymore)... I've tried a battery pull and nothing is working... any ideas that don't include swiping the phone...
    12-28-10 02:05 PM
    This is sort of what I was worried about when I saw that app pop up this morning, Anything that modifies how the device displays/picks fonts has a good chance of screwing something up, the same goes for Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, etc.

Try doing a restore to your last back up (you do have a backup, Right?) and seeing if that fixes it, swapping the device won't be needed because this is just a software level issue, and so I imagine the worst case scenario will be a complete wipe (JVM, wipe of everything off memory, reloading an AT&T OS).
    12-28-10 02:14 PM
    say what.................
    12-28-10 02:27 PM
    So after I did a whole system restore the tech guy email me back and he told me how to fix it, hooray...
    12-28-10 03:20 PM
    Users that experience this issue should use "Restore BBAlpha Sans" menu item in FontCollection v1.7. No system wipe required.
    12-28-10 03:48 PM
    and do not delete the app while still using the apps fonts u must restore like said above prior to deleting the app if u chose to do so

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD