I know there are plenty of hard-case threads here, but does anyone use this Endo case from AGF? Looks more grippy than the regular GRT slider one.

BlackBerry Torch Endo GRT Case - AT&T - BlackBerry - BlackBerry Torch - AGF
    Kuhns likes this.
    12-07-10 04:56 AM
    I want it!
    12-07-10 01:22 PM
    not too sure about it - i prefer the older one, and will probably order that one

i think it would look much better if they only put those "grippy bumps" on the back and not all over
    12-07-10 11:27 PM
    I wonder if the faceplates are interchangeable with the regular GRT case.
    12-07-10 11:47 PM
    I'll let you know what its like, mine shipped today to me. I need grip for my phone, I own a underground construction company and usage environment is usually less than ideal.
    12-08-10 06:37 PM
    Did you ever receive your Endo GRT case? I'm interested in this case, as opposed to the standard AGF GRT. The Endo's outer surface is suppose to be more of a soft feel, for a better grip.

I haven't been able to find any actual reviews on the web for the Endo (for the Torch that is).
    12-28-10 12:19 PM
    Has anyone gotten this case yet? Bueller? Bueller?
    12-28-10 09:59 PM
    I got it. I like it better than the original. I've tried the Otterbox also. Of all of them, I like the ENDO MUCH better.
    12-28-10 11:16 PM
    Firescooby, I PM'd you.
    12-29-10 01:40 AM
    I got it. I like it better than the original. I've tried the Otterbox also. Of all of them, I like the ENDO MUCH better.
    Is the Endo's outer texture a "soft feel" like Seidio Innocase, Case-Mate Barely There, etc; or just hard plastic like the regular GRT?

I thought the regular had a decent grip when I tried it in store, but if this is comparable to an Innocase and comes with a holster for around $35 total, might really be worth it.
    12-30-10 05:02 PM
    Got mine today. Screen wiggle is gone. Holster is great and the phone feels secure when opening and closing.

elite1, it feels like hard plastic.
    Elite1, Buckoni and UN4GTBL like this.
    12-30-10 06:39 PM
    Agreed, I've been using it for just over two weeks now. Beat's the Casemate/Tour holster combo I had to use since the Torch was released.

I would describe it as a textured plastic, not exactly like the old Seidio case I used to use on my old HTC phone (it was a spray on film that scratched away with use). As well, the micro-bumps on the back and face are a nice touch. Sliding the phone open with the bumps on the front gives some traction to push up against. The plastic is only "smooth" on the sides and even then, it's textured so it feels sort of grippy. The pop in holster feels pretty solid and fairly secure.

I used to use the Otterbox exclusively for my phones because of my line of work but because of the so/so reviews I read for the Commuter Series on the Torch, I didn't want to risk having the faceplate "pop" off if dropped. I have to say, the faceplate is very secure to the top slider. I actually have issues taking off the faceplate portion and even went to the extent of going to Youtube to find a video (which I didn't find). The instructions that are included with the case are simple; but it honestly felt like I was going to break the phone in half when I tried to take off the faceplate. Atleast we know its secure and shouldn't pop off if dropped.

Lastly, I had to shave down my charging plug as the case impedes on the plug port. Easy fix that has been mentioned here. I'll eventually buy another charger and just shave it down with a knife. Took me all of 2 minutes to carve down the plug.
    tgellr, jsm180 and UN4GTBL like this.
    12-31-10 08:09 PM
    I hope someone still reads in this thread...

I didn't find any information about the included holster...

i have an Sstorm horizontal holster for now, and the sleep function works quite well...
    and I'm quite fond of the blackberry holster clip...

now I don't think an Torch with an Endo case would fit in the normal BB holster, so my questions are:

has the holster shipped with the Endo a sleep function, and what is the clip like?
    03-05-11 08:32 AM
    I'm buying it right now looks great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 09:29 AM
    The holster that comes w/ the Endo is pretty good in my opinion. Its an 180 degree swivel clip. It does have the sleeper magnet and I haven't had any issues w/ it. The clip-in function is fairly effective. It has a pretty secure hold on the phone.

Only issue I've had w/ it is when I get into my car, depending on how its angled on my belt, the phone can pop off onto the seat.
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    03-05-11 11:16 PM
    is this case add a lot of bulk to the phone? I had an old curve that I used the otter box defender series with. While it was a good case, it was very bulky. Is this of a similar nature?
    04-22-11 09:50 PM
    It adds a bit of bulk, but very easy to get used to. I had my torch out of my endo case today, and it almost felt too small.. I personally love the endo, or the regular grt case

04-22-11 10:09 PM
    The endo looks pretty interesting, I'm still waiting for my local AT&T store to get a new shipment of the GRT cases, my last one had a bent front piece, which wasn't a great first experience to AGF products.
    04-23-11 01:51 AM
    The holster that comes w/ the Endo is pretty good in my opinion. Its an 180 degree swivel clip. It does have the sleeper magnet and I haven't had any issues w/ it. The clip-in function is fairly effective. It has a pretty secure hold on the phone.

Only issue I've had w/ it is when I get into my car, depending on how its angled on my belt, the phone can pop off onto the seat.
    I love my AGF ENDO. One of the better cases for the 9800 that i have stumbled upon... I patricularily like how it does not clip on to the device at all... I kep my torch, and screen extra safe with the ZAGG invisivleSHIELD fully body protector, under my ENDO for good measure.

you can find them fairly cheap on eBay -> Blackberry Torch 9800 invisibleSHIELD Screen Protector | eBay

Cheers,
    04-24-11 10:37 PM
    If anybody is interested, I listed my ENDO case in the BB marketplace. Great case, I just decided to go back to my slip case.
    07-10-11 08:05 AM
    If anybody is interested, I listed my ENDO case in the BB marketplace. Great case, I just decided to go back to my slip case.
    Slip case? Whats that? I really like the Grt case But it effects the top row keys when typing. I'm trying to decide between the casemate barely there or grt case? Possibly just using the holster tough decision lol
    07-10-11 12:59 PM
    I was referring to the belt clip case the phone slips into.
    07-11-11 06:40 AM
    Here is the chronology of me and my Torch's protective gear experience:

1. Invisible Shield (screen only) - I ordered this for obvious reasons. I ordered it before I ordered my phone (along with a couple of charging pods, which I love), to ensure I had screen protection from Day 1.

After a few weeks of use, I stumbled across reading about the Storm's scratch-resistant GLASS. I searched high and low to see if the Torch had a similar screen, as optimally, I would prefer to have nothing on my screen. Alas, confirmation. The Torch's screen IS glass! Off came the Invisible Shield and it has been glorious liberation ever since. No more "orange peel" appearance, a clearer display and much more sensitive response to the touch screen (this after almost maxing out the touch sensitivity setting of the phone when the IS was on).

2. AGF GRT - After dropping my phone a couple of times and receiving an unsightly abrasion (probably only noticeable to me) on the corner, I began my quest to find a case for my beloved. I liked the idea of the Otterbox, but didn't really like the the bulk, especially since my phone wouldn't be exposed to any out-of-the-norm danger, which the Otterbox provides protection against.

After reading much praise regarding the AGF GRT case/system, I ordered one, even knowing that I'd also have to sacrifice the use/convenience of my charging pod. I received the case, and it went on pretty easily. I ended up dropping the phone with the case on a couple of times. The faceplate came off, but the phone was perfectly fine/intact. I snapped the faceplate back on and went on my merry way.

During my use, some of the inconveniences I found with the case were:
    a) when typing on the virtual keyboard in portrait mode the letters/characters on the sides (q, a, p, etc.) were more difficult to access
    b) when using the trackpad in landscape mode, the lip of the case would restrict the touch/feel of the trackpad when wanting to do detailed trackpad work.
    c) the loss of the "grip" on the back of the phone, as compared to the OEM "sticky back"; this made handling the phone a bit unruly at times. Unless you were holding the phone tightly or with two hands, it always felt like it was on the verge of slipping out of my hand. Also, if I set the phone on an angled surface (passenger seat of the car) or propped up against something so the phone would be slightly angled towards me, it always slid down. Very inconvenient.

Conclusion: After using the case for about 4 months, yesterday I decided to take it off and see how I felt about going FULL commando again. The first thing I noticed was the dirt/dust build up along the perimeter of the screen. That came off easy enough, but then I noticed that the bezel of the phone had slight abrasions and what looked like corrosion. The corrosion looks a little like pitting, the kind you see with pre-rust. That did not come off. Bizarre. That, along with the convenience of being able to use my charging pod again, sold me on sticking with the idea of going FULL COMMANDO.

Side note: with the AGF on, the phone fit perfectly into the Bold 9000 case, magnets working and all.
    07-23-11 11:38 AM

08-11-11 12:29 AM
    I just got my black and white one in the mail today. I love it, makes the phone look way better, and way better then the garbage one that otterbox put out for this phone.

08-11-11 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD