I just spent an hour deleting contacts that sync from my laptop or somewhere (somehow, since I didn't sync them). Then I downloaded a new theme, did a quickpull, and all those contacts I had deleted are all back in my address book. UGH!
    Is there a way to delete all the contacts at once and keep them gone and then I can add the ones I want?
    10-04-10 05:47 PM
    Can someone please help?
    10-04-10 06:22 PM
    First of all, you need to be patient. Bumping your thread after such a short amount of time is rude. And it's against the forum guidelines.

You can clear you Address Book by connecting to BlackBerry Desktop Manager and clicking on Backup/Restore and selecting Advanced. Then highlight the contacts database in the list and click Clear.

BEFORE you do this, be sure that you have somewhere from which to restore the address book. (Such as Outlook or Google Sync but not both as that's likely the source of the duplilcates.).
    10-04-10 07:43 PM
    Yea I've found Google Sync works pretty well. As long as you remember to periodically sync it at least you know your Contacts are safe if something happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD