i wanna know if is it safe to replace my Torch 9800's housing cuz i dont like the one i have cuz it has some light scratches on the faceplate and i just wanna know if it wud do negative changez on my device if i change it for another one i bought on eBay ...

thx
    03-07-11 08:54 AM
    You can change the housing and it won't affect the phone unless you damage something in the process. It will also void the warranty.
    BabyTorch likes this.
    03-07-11 09:11 AM
    so it wont affect network coverage and wi fi ? im askin cuz i replaced my iphone's housing and the wi-fi signal was poor even when i was next to the wi-fi modem , nd i bought this phone now and i dont wana mess it up
    03-07-11 09:18 AM
    It shouldn't be any different than a new phone unless you break a cable or cause some other hardware issue.
    BabyTorch likes this.
    03-07-11 09:30 AM
    You can always pay the carrier or someone to do it that is insured that way if they mess it up you shouldn't have a dead phone that you need to pay to get fixed or replaced.
    BabyTorch likes this.
    03-07-11 09:32 AM
    kk , thx for ur help
    03-07-11 10:24 AM
    I heard changing the casing was quite difficult so I'd just make sure to watch the tear-down videos first to see what you are getting into if you are thinking of doing it yourself.
    Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-11 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD