So, I bought my Torch on Thursday and I already have the creaking problem (my blackberry button creaks pretty loudly when u give it a little bit of pressure).

Other than this, I have no problems with the phone. Has anyone else that has had this problem returned their phone and if so, did the new one have the same problem?

I know this is a known problem, but I don't want to return my phone if there is a good chance I could get another creaky one... but it's bugging me.
    10-03-10 11:19 PM
    By creaky do you mean the sound the adhesive makes or is this a completely different creaking? If it is the adhesive then it might mean your button panels coming loose. I returned mine for this reason, because the button pad started to come up at the corner near the call button.
    10-04-10 12:39 AM
    It might be the adhesive, but the actual buttons haven't started to come up yet, but then again, I have only had it for four days...
    10-04-10 06:36 AM
    My fear would be getting one with a bigger problem. It also might dissipate wirh a bit of use. You have 30 days probably for a return so I would wait until your a bit closer to that and see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 06:44 AM
    +1 on returning creaky call buttons. That's not a good sign. I returned one like that. It was also a wobbler to boot.

Apart from that, there seems to be some natural creakiness with the keyboard itself. I can make mine creak just by pressing down on the sides of the keyboard when it's extended (so it also creaks a bit when when uses keys such as "a" or delete).
    10-04-10 07:26 AM
    Ok so after playing with it a little bit more, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna return it on the weekend. It's a $600 phone and it creaks really loudly, which annoys me.

Will post update about new phone when I get it.
    10-04-10 08:04 AM
    Wow. I thought it was just me. this is really annoying aswell. I have it on the return key. its the adhesive for sure and cracks/creaks on that key. really bothersome. Ill give it a week before returning.
    10-04-10 08:05 AM
    ive got creaking related to the backpanel of the torch... not to the adhesive.
    anyone with a similar problem? really starting to bug me...
    11-21-10 06:20 PM
    You know I always thought it was the keyboard or battery door that creaked.

it wasn't until I took it apart to "fix" the wobble issue that I noticed it was actually the chrome bezel around the keyboard and bottom half of the phone that creaked, right where the return and alt keys are on each side. Least in my case this was the problem.

Small drop of super glue on a pin head did the trick for me. Just enough to stop it from creaking but not to much that it oozed out or will affect the bezel if i need to take it off again.

I have a lot of practice with super glues and using just the right amount(comes from a long time hobby of building r/c planes).
    11-21-10 06:31 PM
    You know I always thought it was the keyboard or battery door that creaked.

it wasn't until I took it apart to "fix" the wobble issue that I noticed it was actually the chrome bezel around the keyboard and bottom half of the phone that creaked, right where the return and alt keys are on each side. Least in my case this was the problem.

Small drop of super glue on a pin head did the trick for me. Just enough to stop it from creaking but not to much that it oozed out or will affect the bezel if i need to take it off again.

I have a lot of practice with super glues and using just the right amount(comes from a long time hobby of building r/c planes).
    OMG that's exactly my problem too!! it's so loud its annoying. and it feels weird when pressing the call/cancel/return/bb buttons!

ok so super glue on a pin head.. got it!! gonna try that. THANKS. any advice about how to go about doing it? what to do? what not to do?
    11-21-10 06:45 PM
    Have the same creakin sound im sure around my blackberry button only...yes it is annoying.....so where exactly would I apply the glue with the pin....? would it be by the trackpad.....im 2 months with the phone so cant necessarily return it....
    11-21-10 07:00 PM
    OMG that's exactly my problem too!! it's so loud its annoying. and it feels weird when pressing the call/cancel/return/bb buttons!

ok so super glue on a pin head.. got it!! gonna try that. THANKS. any advice about how to go about doing it? what to do? what not to do?
    Way less then a drop. Let me say that again and in bold,

WAY LESS THEN A DROP.

You basically just want to "tack" it in place.

I pushed the pin(lengthwise) between the bezel and bottom plate, to get the glue in the right place, then held it tight for a few seconds until the glue dried.

All I can say is don't blame me if you end up with glue all over your phone......

EDIT:
    This is for the bezel around the bottom of the device(where the keyboard is), not the call, bb, return, and end keys creaking.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-21-10 at 07:06 PM.
    11-21-10 07:03 PM
    I also have the same creaking sound on the back/return key to Red/cancel button.

Bought it couple days ago and noticed it on day one.

Mine is made in Mexico, how bout yours?

Gap.
    12-27-10 12:32 PM
    ive got creaking related to the backpanel of the torch... not to the adhesive.
    anyone with a similar problem? really starting to bug me...
    I get some creaking from the back panel battery cover. Not really a big deal but it's there. Have seen a thread about puting a small piece of foam in the cover to stop it. Might do that if it gets too bad.

12-27-10 03:26 PM
    I have the creaking problem as well but its below my spacebar if you squeeze the silver right below and the bottom of the battery cover. Not a huge issue but it is annoying. Haven't returned it for fear of having a bigger issue with the replacement phone

12-27-10 04:25 PM
    I also have the same creaking sound on the back/return key to Red/cancel button.

Bought it couple days ago and noticed it on day one.

Mine is made in Mexico, how bout yours?

Gap.
    I have the same problem am mine is made in Mexico...is it possible to put a drop of superglue beNeath the call/menu/back/endcall or not?
    I hate the creaking!!!!!!!!!

12-27-10 05:15 PM
    I actually had to take mine out of the protective plastic shell I bought for it to figure out what this creak was. With the plastic case - no creak and since I drop things on a depressingly regular basis I will put the case back on and just forget the creak. As an aside the after market case has saved my poor CB twice now in the two months since I got it... Yes I have butterfingers!

12-27-10 05:33 PM
    I removed the call/menu/backend call piece and ive putted carefully some superglue.
    The creaking is off but i the bottons are very stiff especially the back button!!!!!
    Now isb there something i can do to reduce the stifness???????

Help!!!+

12-27-10 05:50 PM
    I just returned mine and got a new one, I was inside the 30 day window. The pad creaks because the double stick tape did not hold under the pad. The super glue fix will stop you from ever being able to replace the pad in the future.
    12-27-10 06:07 PM
    I just returned mine and got a new one, I was inside the 30 day window. The pad creaks because the double stick tape did not hold under the pad. The super glue fix will stop you from ever being able to replace the pad in the future.
    Thanksn i just have to adjust to press harder the pad keys...

12-27-10 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD