Hey all, I have an issue with my Torch, running .337.

Today, I installed BeBuzz free to see what it was like. Pleased, though not interested, I uninstalled the program. As it was deleting, the Torch shut off and will not turn back on. It is not hot, I've tried battery pulls, plugging it in and pulling the battery, DM doesn't see a device. It just shut off, and the only thing the LED does is Blink once, then blink three times, and repeat. Over and over.

Frustrated!!! Thanks for your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 06:36 PM
    It sounds like you have "nuked" your phone! Don't worry, it is fixable. Take your time and read this:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Ask questions if you run into trouble.
    11-24-10 08:04 PM
    Thank you for the reply!

How would uninstalling BeBuzz nuke my phone?? It seems so random and unexplained..

11-24-10 09:26 PM
    I can't answer that.
    But the blinking LED in sequence sounds like a "nuked" BB.

I had this happen about 6 months ago on my Bold and never figured out why it happened. I was just glad that I had recently backed up my data. I followed the directions in the Blackberry 101 tutorial and I was up and running in an hour or so.
    11-24-10 09:42 PM
    Well the 101 tutorial doesn't work for me. It doesn't show any options for Connections; no UNKNOWNPIN, no Com1 or Com3. Just blank. This is ******* irritating.... And I blame BeBuzz for this!!! Entirely!!!

11-24-10 10:31 PM
    USB-PIN:UNKNOWN only shows up for a few seconds and then goes blank. Did you try a few times as suggested?
    11-24-10 10:48 PM
    I've been trying for 3 hours. It never changes from being blank. Ever. Not even for a split second. I'm stuck entirely at the 1,0,111 cycle.

11-24-10 10:49 PM
    And your doing the nuked BB proc with the battery pulled?

11-24-10 11:00 PM
    Yes, still no connection. Tried without the battery, tried with it. Uninstalled/reinstalled 6.0.0.337. Uninstalled/reinstalled DM 4.3. Nothing. Nada. No connections.

11-24-10 11:02 PM
    Any chance that JL_Cmder or BBSAC might still work?
    11-24-10 11:07 PM
    No idea. I don't see how it would if I can't even recognize an "unknown device".
    This is so irritating! The makers of BeBuzz owe me a Torch!!!!

11-24-10 11:10 PM
    This is the second thread I've seen where some's Blackberry has been f*** by uninstalling the free version of BeBuzz. If you tried everything suggested so far in the thread I think you may need to try to see if you can get a warranty replacement
    11-24-10 11:13 PM
    This is bull**** I'm emailing the makers of BeBuzz and THEY are going to replace my phone. All I did was options > delete. This is not my fault and I will not pay the $125 because some ****ty developer ruined my phone.
    11-24-10 11:23 PM
    See if AT&T will just send you a replacement. Just tell them your phone turned off and this happened. When I worked for Bell in Canada this was considered a manufacturing error and was considered covered under warranty so give AT&T a call cause makers of BeBuzz won't do anything guaranteed
    11-24-10 11:26 PM
    I've had the Torch since launch day. I'm passed my 30 days. I shouldn't have to pay for this!! This is bullhockey!!!!!

11-24-10 11:32 PM
    I've had the Torch since launch day. I'm passed my 30 days. I shouldn't have to pay for this!! This is bullhockey!!!!!

As already mentioned, call AT&T and try to get a warranty exchange. There is a 1 year warranty on the phone.
    11-24-10 11:35 PM
    Well the Torch comes with a 1 year warranty. Call customer service don't tell them something happened after the app incident just tell them that you were charging it or using it and it wouldn't turn back on after it turned off
    11-24-10 11:35 PM
    Ah.. I wasn't aware of the 1yr warranty. Ill call in the morning and report back. Thanks for dealing with my angst, all.

-witty

11-24-10 11:40 PM
    Here is a link to another "nuked" tutorial:

BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry Forums, News, and Help - How-To Recover A Nuked Blackberry - with Pictures

Maybe there is something there that you missed.

Good luck!
    11-25-10 07:58 AM
    Update: Whatever BeBuzz (or OS6) uninstalled when I removed BeBuzz, totally nuked the phone entirely. Spent an hour with AT*T Customer Service, and an hour with Warrenty Support to conclude it would need to be replaced. A short car ride to the Warranty Center, in and out in 10 minutes with a BRAND NEW TORCH. This thing is SOLID. No wiggle whatsoever at the top OR bottom. The keys are all solid and sound great. The menu buttons don't clack AT ALL. The sliding mechanism feels like butter. I'm excited..

Thanks for all of your help everyone. But I'm rolling with a NEW 9800 again, loaded up with .337! Woot!

11-27-10 03:55 PM
    Congrats, seems the 1 year warranty did help. At least you can now just avoid BeBuzz and not have to dealw ith them. lol
    11-27-10 04:44 PM
    If it were me, I'd b**** at BeBuzz anyway. 1 star review as well anyone?

11-27-10 06:43 PM
    dochouse7

If it were me, I'd b**** at BeBuzz anyway. 1 star review as well anyone?

BerryBuzz is a great app. It works perfectly and it's one of the best selling apps ever. I cannot remember seeing any other reports of this app causing trouble. (And there is no confirmation that this app actually caused the OP's problem.)
    Last edited by tellsells; 11-27-10 at 08:06 PM.
    11-27-10 06:59 PM
    Ohhh... Little sensitive are we? I said *if it were me*

I haven't downloaded this app, but after looking at the description of what it does, I'm not going to waste the bandwidth on either my data plan or over my wifi (125GB per month from my ISP, and I still won't bother) on it.

Regardless of this users experience, it's not something I'm interested in.

11-27-10 10:09 PM
    my phone is having the same problem! hopefully i can get it fixed
    11-29-10 12:42 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD