It simply cant compete.
    08-06-10 11:27 PM
    I'm rather mixed on whether it should resize the text with pinch to zoom...
    08-06-10 11:36 PM
    Who cares. I have better things to do than look at the internet on my phone...
    08-06-10 11:37 PM
    Who cares. I have better things to do than look at the internet on my phone...
    Now I've heard it all!
    08-06-10 11:44 PM
    Why is this a thread? This video is on the CB homepage....
    08-06-10 11:54 PM
    I'm rather mixed on whether it should resize the text with pinch to zoom...
    it just depends on how its done. i love the way the dolphin browser does it. i never have to scroll over left and right to read.
    08-07-10 12:08 AM
    Wow. Did I really hear him say it's "not bad now" as he struggled to scroll on the National Geographic site?
    08-07-10 12:08 AM
    I think it looks pretty good. It can't compete seems to be a statement made with the intent to instigate conflict. It does not seem to reflect the video outcome at all. Talk to me jd914, why so mad?
    08-07-10 12:13 AM
    Even though I love blackberries and am getting this phone next week to replace my iPhone 3GS, nothing beats the browsing experience on the iPhone. Everything about safari mobile is buttery smooth.
    08-07-10 12:13 AM
    It's a big step up from my Bold and you know what? I am happy with it. Thanks RIM. We know you are working hard on this and hope you can get it much better from time to time.
    08-07-10 01:46 AM
    +1 dwadwa, well said.
    08-07-10 01:52 AM
    Even though I love blackberries and am getting this phone next week to replace my iPhone 3GS, nothing beats the browsing experience on the iPhone. Everything about safari mobile is buttery smooth.
    So false, lol! I would rather have Andriod browsing experience after dealing with 2 ip4's yesterday locking up on me at the store....on wifi!

Even my buddies 3g's had its browsing problems from time to time...

I have never had a problem loading pages on my native 9700 browser on wifi, loads quick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 07:15 AM
    Sounds like the problem with bb's browser/browsers or what ever browser is used is not the browser but the data going thru RIM's servers and the compression/decompression that slows it down. Esp when I see people saying that on wifi (not RIM's servers) the browser is fast.
    08-07-10 08:19 AM
    Sounds like the problem with bb's browser/browsers or what ever browser is used is not the browser but the data going thru RIM's servers and the compression/decompression that slows it down. Esp when I see people saying that on wifi (not RIM's servers) the browser is fast.
    One thing to remember is this is RIM's first implementation of their webkit browser and using a different platform on their servers to utilize it. I'm sure things will get tweaked (the 9800 hasn't been officially released yet).
    08-07-10 08:33 AM
    I love people who dont even own Blackberrys still hang out in a Blackberry Forum to try and stir things up like the OP is trying to do. I never seem to understand the point of trolling in a Blackberry forum when you dont even own a Blackberry? Someone please enlighten me...
    08-07-10 08:38 AM
    Safari is one of the best mobile browsers out there, but I use Opera mini the most. If Opera mini performs fine on my Pearl Flip then it'll be quite good on the 9800.
    08-07-10 08:46 AM
    They do it just for that reason....to stir the pot.

That and to seemingly justify their purchase is much better than ours, lol! Is really laughable...there are some good peeps on here though that make valid points though, good and bad. I respect those people....seems like less of them are around though.

08-07-10 08:46 AM
    I love people who dont even own Blackberrys still hang out in a Blackberry Forum to try and stir things up like the OP is trying to do. I never seem to understand the point of trolling in a Blackberry forum when you dont even own a Blackberry? Someone please enlighten me...
    Every time a troll posts here it's because his battery died on whatever phone he switched to and he has nothing better to do while he waits for it to charge and secretly wishes he still had his BlackBerry so he could actually make it through the day without charging.
    08-07-10 08:51 AM

It simply cant compete.
    I love how "former" bb users, iBoners, and d-roids crack on RIM.
    Back in the day, RIM was designed to be a communication device, and set the bar.
    NOBODY approached the bar, or even tried.
    Evolution dictated the "consumer" wanted a multi-media device and iBone and the roid filled that gap.
    RIM is STILL the UNDISPUTED KING in communication.
    Given time, RIM will "tune up it's engine" and leave the boners and roids sucking azz.

On a side note-I've trolled around TiPB and d-roid central. I don't ever see crackheads "crashing the party" and ripping on those ppl.
    I'm thinking this FACT shows the class of a true crackhead.
    I'm also thinking you CB "gate crashers" are the same losers that stole the keg at a party when you were in High School, got your azz kicked for it and denied it, crying like a freakin baby while your chick-lets were being knocked down your throat.
    Remember that guys?

Kevin-I think it's time we oil up our flame throwers and clean house around here. What'd ya think, man.
    08-07-10 08:55 AM
    Search my post history and youll see that i have owned: Curve 8320, Bold 9000 and Bold 9700. I regestered back in 2008 when blackberry was at the top of thier game. Just because I'm pointing out negatives in what could have been a great device doesn't make me a non Blackberry owner
    08-07-10 09:22 AM
    Safari is one of the best mobile browsers out there, but I use Opera mini the most. If Opera mini performs fine on my Pearl Flip then it'll be quite good on the 9800.
    Thats like having an arm severed then praising the prostetic limb. A while back everyone was going gaga over Blackberry's new upcoming webkit browser but you have given up on it and prefer Opera mini? WTF? The 9800's browser along with the 642 mhz processor equal fail.
    08-07-10 09:32 AM
    Thats like having an arm severed then praising the prostetic limb. A while back everyone was going gaga over Blackberry's new upcoming webkit browser but you have given up on it and prefer Opera mini? WTF? The 9800's browser along with the 642 mhz processor equal fail.
    How exactly is it fail? It seems pretty good even though it loses out to the iPhone and Captivate.
    08-07-10 10:05 AM
    How exactly is it fail? It seems pretty good even though it loses out to the iPhone and Captivate.
    So you're content with purchasing a device that is a second banana? A brand new, high end device, that can't even compete with moderate to low end devices is not considered a fail?
    08-07-10 10:11 AM
    So you're content with a sub par and low performing device and browser? Ok to each his own.

08-07-10 10:28 AM
    The webkit in one word is "embarrassing"

If you guys have an ATT where you live, go there and play with it. OS6 is not what its built up to be. Its not as smooth and fluid as people make it seem. I did a side by side test with the iphone4 and the 9800 lags so much beyond belief. I have been a loyal BB user ever since the first pearl came out. I have been waiting for the 9800 to come out for so long so i can upgrade, but after watching videos and playing with it in person, i have been steered to the iPhone4

As much i hated the iphone and defended the BB, in reality the iphone is the most superior phone in every way.

08-07-10 10:35 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD